Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First clean methods for moss in corners and frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ednic

Hi

I've got a very thorough first clean that needs doing and the customer is keen on frames  be thoroughly clean and moss to be removed. Would you always get rid of bits of moss like that? I prefer to not use chemicals if I can avoid it but what would be your way to get rid of moss in the corners and clean these frames?

Many thanks

273264061_1114948785925641_8948235989443272728_n.jpg

273700029_695068331661999_8533387818454359861_n.jpg

273561238_896770084333401_7308130144253163704_n.jpg

273535587_474079177458398_7535036135750536606_n.jpg

A sill brush will get rid of that for you with a bit of work. Probably faster than alternating between manual scrubbing and pole work tbh.. assuming your wfp sorry

If they have specified that they want rid of the moss, I'd be tempted to use a ladder and go up there with a scraper or even my finger and scrape away what I can and use the wfp to do the rest. 

Hi

I've got a very thorough first clean that needs doing and the customer is keen on frames  be thoroughly clean and moss to be removed. Would you always get rid of bits of moss like that? I prefer to not use chemicals if I can avoid it but what would be your way to get rid of moss in the corners and clean these frames?

Many thanks

View attachment 26447

View attachment 26448

View attachment 26449

View attachment 26450
Get yourself a cheap stiff bristled dust pan brush 

We would always remove moss like this on a first clean but you do need to charge more as it will take longer a stiff brush or scraper will remove it then a good scrubb and rinse will remove the soil between the glass and frame . 

We would always remove moss like this on a first clean but you do need to charge more as it will take longer a stiff brush or scraper will remove it then a good scrubb and rinse will remove the soil between the glass and frame . 
Very much classed as a pvc restoration in my eyes 

Would you look to always remove moss on windows even if you'd need a ladder?

It’s very rare we would need a ladder to remove it but yes if that’s what was needed we would do it but the price would reflect that .
Is there a specific way you price cleaning moss? I guess some customers assume it's part of the clean so as you say, definitely important to flag it up before the clean.

Very much classed as a pvc restoration in my eyes 
I don’t  agree you cannot leave moss  on window frames on any clean it makes you look unprofessional, just explain to the customer the first clean will be £££ due to the state of the frames , if they don’t want to pay  then they won’t get the job done but if they do they will be highly delighted and recommend you to friends and family . 

Is there a specific way you price cleaning moss? I guess some customers assume it's part of the clean so as you say, definitely important to flag it up before the clean.
First cleans will be double the normal price if there is moss etc then I just price it up at how long I think it will take maybe 3-4 times the normal clean price , some will pay  some won’t but that's up to them .

If your not gonna remove that moos, thrn you may aswell not clean the frames of cobwebs, if your not gonna clean the frames of cobwebs why bother cleaning the glass!!!

See where im going with this?

We are window cleaners, thats minging and we clean windows so they dont look minging, if not we are just cowboys with a bit oc equipment.

Oh yeah in answer to the question i use an old bank card, and for the expansion joint a teaspoon handle ??

Latest Posts

Back