Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First day a lot learnt...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you think you're gaining work because you're a £1 cheaper then I'd be worried about the next newbie that will be a £1 cheaper again.

As a newbie a lot of your will be very price sensitive. As you are still earning I'd be looking to win 60-70% of your quotes. You will then find where the local price is.

Good luck and keep us updated, just a shorter update lnext time though

If your turning work away as you haven’t the time to do it, I’d seriously think about jacking up your prices considerably. 
£40 p/h minimum. 
Premium prices- Premium service??

If you think you're gaining work because you're a £1 cheaper then I'd be worried about the next newbie that will be a £1 cheaper again.

As a newbie a lot of your will be very price sensitive. As you are still earning I'd be looking to win 60-70% of your quotes. You will then find where the local price is.

Good luck and keep us updated, just a shorter update lnext time though
Thanks for your comment.  There are people in my area who i know are a lot cheaper than me and doing a mid terrace for £7 which doesn't bother me to be honest as the customers that want that price are the ones that i don't want. The thing about the £1 was just my amusement of learning that a customer will do anything to save minimal amounts, the being cheaper comment was because i'm still trying to refine my pricing against the speed i can complete work.

If your turning work away as you haven’t the time to do it, I’d seriously think about jacking up your prices considerably. 
£40 p/h minimum. 
Premium prices- Premium service??
Thanks for that. The only reason i am turning work away at the moment is because i am part time. At the end of this month i will be full time and able to take on more work on a day to day basis. What i need to work out is a stable working week i.e Mon - Thurs Windows, Fri-Sat Initial cleans, FSG, Gutter clearing. 

I personally would love to connect with the local window cleaners in my area and pass them on the work i cannot take on but haven't managed too yet.
With passing on work, I only pass on jobs to another lad who I know will do a top job and I'm happy to recommend without question, these are usually add on's which I don't do and usually for my regular custys so the person recommended needs to be 100% 

With passing on work, I only pass on jobs to another lad who I know will do a top job and I'm happy to recommend without question, these are usually add on's which I don't do and usually for my regular custys so the person recommended needs to be 100% 
Yes, same here when it goes to recommending someone in a different trade to ours : painter, gardener, gutter maintenance etc.

Same with the client who wants the work done. They have to be decent too for the tradesman. No doubt you're the same.

Yes, same here when it goes to recommending someone in a different trade to ours : painter, gardener, gutter maintenance etc.

Same with the client who wants the work done. They have to be decent too for the tradesman. No doubt you're the same.
Yes, mate exactly the same, I will recommend other trades people as well usually it's custys wanting home improvements done I have mate who does kitchens, house renovations to extensions and I will happily recommend him as he has done work for us for years and is top notch but I do make it very clear to the custy I am not just recommending him and his company just because he is a mate, 

He knows quality trades people as well so the lads he needs to draft in sparkies etc he can get us sorted with those, had some ****  recommendations from other people, so I will always now stick with lads I have a lot of trust and faith in. 

Latest Posts

Back