Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First frost (well, second tbh)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you park your van and tank away from your house, is there anything you can use to heat it?  I'm presuming the oil filled rad runs off mains electric....  Any alternatives where there's no mains supply?
Diesel night heater like they use to keep lorry cabs warm at night while driver on break.

About 100 quid on ebay

I agree with @Davy G about insulation, it's my booster pump and R/O that are at risk really so I have my shed fully insulated with foil bubble wrap type insulation and fleece blankets over the pump and R/O as for my van system, my van goes in the garage so no worries there. 
Same here

I have one of those big keter plastic sheds fully insulated with ro/booster/di in and a tube heater.

I just switch that on from my wooden shed where the switches are and don't need to open the storage shed and let the cold in.

I work backpack and fill from a tank that I pump into in the mornings and keep pressure washer pump drained in the van so have nothing to freeze.

Getting back to this, I just read a review online about these yuyu hot water bottles. They are long, scarf length which people wrap around, good for backache etc. But they reckon they can keep warm for 6 hours. Im seriously interested in that, would be so simple to fill, and leave it wrapped around the pump/bit of hose to tank. Though 6 hours is great, would be best for those who dont crash out too early, and go wrap around pump just before zzz.

I stick an old sleeping bag over the hose reel, my pump is concealed in a facelift tank, so that has never been an issue, but always remember to open your univalve and allow anything in the pole hose to drain!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back