Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flap cut in IBC lid.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks! 

The pump has arrived.  Couple of things.

I've just got the positive and negative cables, how do i attach them to a car battery terminal?

The cables are short.  They'll never sit at the bottom of an IBC and reach the battery - how can i extend them?
That's nice of them to supply something that is designed to be under water to have short cables.

If you can solder then I would do that and seal with self adhesive heat shrink sleeving. Only thing I can think of is bullet connectors and then some self amalgamating tape. This is a rubber type tape than bonds to it's self so wrapping round things creates a water tight seal. Hope that gives you some ideas?

I had the same issue.

Connected the cables then covered all the exposed bits with hot glue gun to waterproof it.

Never had a problem

Thanks! 

The pump has arrived.  Couple of things.

I've just got the positive and negative cables, how do i attach them to a car battery terminal?

The cables are short.  They'll never sit at the bottom of an IBC and reach the battery - how can i extend them?
I would personally solder them use hot glue as a potting compound and when it's cooled off slide over adhesive heatshrink and heat to create an impregnable connection. Then add a fuse switch and car terminal clamps with M6 wingnuts

I would personally solder them use hot glue as a potting compound and when it's cooled off slide over adhesive heatshrink and heat to create an impregnable connection. Then add a fuse switch and car terminal clamps with M6 wingnuts
Electrics is not my strong point but I have a friend who will help! Thanks for all the tips!

Back