Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flash Sale @ Grippatank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They said a 5kw system is enough for a one man system but with a two man system its a 9kw heater that's what I asked for going by the forum.

Trust me go for the 9kw for the extra cost it’s well worth it I think you will be disappointed with the 5kw . Where you are in Scotland it’s better to have too much heat and have to turn it down a bit than need more heat and not be able to have it . We have had the 9kw now 5 years and over 10,000 hours use still runs the same as the first day we had it brilliant piece of kit , I cannot believe Oliver recommended the 5 kw , you can tell him I said that as well ???

9kw is great for me too yeah I do know someone up in Scotland with the smaller unit and they also said the 9kw unit is far better even solo

If i were a supplier of 5 and 9 kw units I would only offer a 9kw 

bold statement?

but as said, take the 9kw... easier to turn down, rather than use a 5 kw and struggling to get decent heat!

Mr B

Aye, I think its 9.1kw that I'm getting. Had a great day today so I added a RO to my system for an extra £700. Not sure if its worth it because my TDS is 70 and Oliver said its borderline. My thinking is this, its better to have it because we don't have water meters and I can also remove it in the fullness of time. Trying to find some place to stay for 3 nights near East Hatley so all recommendations welcome. As PT says, I noticed Grippatank is about 10miles from Cambridge so might end up with an Airbnb. :1f633:  

Can you not ask them to drop you off and then pick you up when done, after paying them best part of £10k I would've thought it's the least they can do.
I would be expecting a van aswel ? with the system 

Aye, they might make a bed up in the warehouse. No, I will make it a mini break and visit Cambridge, I need a rest anyway and I can always say I went to Cambridge.
They reckon Cambridge is just as good as Sunderland ?

Would have been cheaper getting it fibreglassed. We have a boy in fife does van's for around 200..does right up the sides as well. Easy to clean out too

Aye, I think its 9.1kw that I'm getting. Had a great day today so I added a RO to my system for an extra £700. Not sure if its worth it because my TDS is 70 and Oliver said its borderline. My thinking is this, its better to have it because we don't have water meters and I can also remove it in the fullness of time. Trying to find some place to stay for 3 nights near East Hatley so all recommendations welcome. As PT says, I noticed Grippatank is about 10miles from Cambridge so might end up with an Airbnb. :1f633:  
£700 for an R/O with respect, they have seen you coming, you would surely be far better off utilising your current DI vessel, filling your tank with tap water and just producing pure on demand, a tap tds isn't borderline and I am sure lot's of Scottish lads can jump in here and tell you so, Yes I have an R/O with a tap tds of 70ppm but I have a garden with a shed and a storage tank and an appalling memory so an R/O suits me best plus I produce over 300ltrs a day, were as you will be using that 3-4 days a month if my memory serves me correctly 

£700 for an R/O with respect, they have seen you coming, you would surely be far better off utilising your current DI vessel, filling your tank with tap water and just producing pure on demand, a tap tds isn't borderline and I am sure lot's of Scottish lads can jump in here and tell you so, Yes I have an R/O with a tap tds of 70ppm but I have a garden with a shed and a storage tank and an appalling memory so an R/O suits me best plus I produce over 300ltrs a day, were as you will be using that 3-4 days a month if my memory serves me correctly 

You are probably right but I made £500 yesterday with two jobs. First was a three story gutter clear and next was a three story gutter fix and a new 10m drainpipe. As I said, I spend all my money on new equipment whether I need it now of in the future. I'm beginning to look like Bob the Builder. Have a 300sq metre PW job and I advised them to lift a 9sq metre sunken bit which I will do for them. A grand for the job as I have to remove a small tree and replace with same monoblock but I need to get a wacker plate. So I buy a new Belle wacker plate for a tad under the grand which the job pays for. I am beginning to notice that folk will get me first because I can do nearly everything bar plastering for some reason. My window cleaning customer base is now near 100 a month and growing exponentially. Another very lucrative job I have uncovered is wire mesh proofing solar panels. £500 a day and the material is less than a ton but I will be buying a proper Petzl harness which will cost a grand and two jobs will pay for that. The moment the birds cant access the panels they move across the road to the neighboring house so I go over and speak to the house owner to let them know and usually get that job also. I think I like the risk more than the money and the reason I joined the fire service.

You are probably right but I made £500 yesterday with two jobs. First was a three story gutter clear and next was a three story gutter fix and a new 10m drainpipe. As I said, I spend all my money on new equipment whether I need it now of in the future. I'm beginning to look like Bob the Builder. Have a 300sq metre PW job and I advised them to lift a 9sq metre sunken bit which I will do for them. A grand for the job as I have to remove a small tree and replace with same monoblock but I need to get a wacker plate. So I buy a new Belle wacker plate for a tad under the grand which the job pays for. I am beginning to notice that folk will get me first because I can do nearly everything bar plastering for some reason. My window cleaning customer base is now near 100 a month and growing exponentially. Another very lucrative job I have uncovered is wire mesh proofing solar panels. £500 a day and the material is less than a ton but I will be buying a proper Petzl harness which will cost a grand and two jobs will pay for that. The moment the birds cant access the panels they move across the road to the neighboring house so I go over and speak to the house owner to let them know and usually get that job also. I think I like the risk more than the money and the reason I joined the fire service.
Anything else you want to tell us, any birthdays, weddings or bar mitzvah's ?

Aye it's a good time of year for them jobs. I would write down a break down of my last weeks takings but I don't want to break your heart scottish haha

That Cambridge is not a cheap place to stay. I'm about 10 miles away and its cost me £150 for 3 nights. They obviously know I'm Scottish and bumped the price up a bit. Got another gutter job on tomorrow so I'm away to sleep on it.

That Cambridge is not a cheap place to stay. I'm about 10 miles away and its cost me £150 for 3 nights. They obviously know I'm Scottish and bumped the price up a bit. Got another gutter job on tomorrow so I'm away to sleep on it.
I stay in Newmarket, 10 miles the other side of Cambridge. Check out Heath Court Hotel, White Hart and Kings Hotel. Should get a deal for 3 nights for less than £200. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I stay in Newmarket, 10 miles the other side of Cambridge. Check out Heath Court Hotel, White Hart and Kings Hotel. Should get a deal for 3 nights for less than £200. 
I was down there or cambs as they call it, for a repair the other week mate. Stayed at travel lodge, it's some size the one down there isn't it. Massive but was nice 

I was down there or cambs as they call it, for a repair the other week mate. Stayed at travel lodge, it's some size the one down there isn't it. Massive but was nice 
Only stay in Travelodge, Travel inn etc if nothing else about. I find them sole less, expensive and full of reps that are catching up with their work on laptops. Much prefer town centre hotels where you can go out and mix with the locals and find somewhere nice for a bite to eat. Nothing worse than grafting all day to have a quiet, boring and expensive night.

I've got a deal with one of the hotels I mentioned for £55 a night room only and there is a Greggs 2 minute walk away for my breakfast. In winter if freezing cold they let me plug my heater in to stop everything from freezing. Not the service you'd get from one of the big chains.

Did I tell you I am getting a tank fitted this week. Staying at a hotel bed and breakfast £150 for 3 nights only 3 miles away, so taking the bike with me. Heard its a heatwave down there. 10hrs yesterday stripping van and sealing with kurust.

IMG-20190825-WA0004.jpg

Back