Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flash Sale @ Grippatank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Did I tell you I am getting a tank fitted this week. Staying at a hotel bed and breakfast £150 for 3 nights only 3 miles away, so taking the bike with me. Heard its a heatwave down there. 10hrs yesterday stripping van and sealing with kurust.

View attachment 17441
Only told us 3 times on this post that’s all about getting tank fitted ,?

Only stay in Travelodge, Travel inn etc if nothing else about. I find them sole less, expensive and full of reps that are catching up with their work on laptops. Much prefer town centre hotels where you can go out and mix with the locals and find somewhere nice for a bite to eat. Nothing worse than grafting all day to have a quiet, boring and expensive night.

I've got a deal with one of the hotels I mentioned for £55 a night room only and there is a Greggs 2 minute walk away for my breakfast. In winter if freezing cold they let me plug my heater in to stop everything from freezing. Not the service you'd get from one of the big chains.
Mate I just needed to sleep after the drive. Took nothing local in, just head down after some tv and back 7 hours north. What a mission it was zzzzz

You didn’t tell us that you was getting a system fitted?

correct me if I’m wrong , 9k spent and Dosnt come with electric reels ? 
My laptop not working so on the mobile. Alot of problems getting supplies down there. Oliver coming up here in two weeks with the motors to convert to electric. Problem getting filters for RO is also causing delays, he mentioned Spectrum got bought over and they are different but are better now. All it takes is not getting one part and you can't finish the job.

My laptop not working so on the mobile. Alot of problems getting supplies down there. Oliver coming up here in two weeks with the motors to convert to electric. Problem getting filters for RO is also causing delays, he mentioned Spectrum got bought over and they are different but are better now. All it takes is not getting one part and you can't finish the job.
Why didn’t they not have everything ready , you’ve had this booked in for a while haven’t you , surely they should have everything set up and waiting to install , not ticking things off the list as they are installing them ,

anyways I feel for you !  Hope they are looking after you because of this hassle! 

Nice set up but shouldn't the hose go through the hose guides
I’m i just being picky here , controllers look like different brands ! Surely should be matching 

I dont know why they dont have everything in place because i only work that way. They will change and carry stock or not be able to complete jobs in time. Used the hosereel today on a solar clean, 6 panels. Back tomorrow to fit mesh around it and window cleaning next week.

There seems to be an issue with stock by the sounds of this.

if you’ve pre booked and it’s not there on installation day then alarm bells would be ringing.....

Mr B

How comes the filters are not enclosed in a cabinet?

Mr B

They look the part those pro fitted systems but unless they earn me more coin than my diy beaut I won’t be investing. You should have got different colour hoses for each reel as it makes life a lot easier when on small jobs when under each other’s  feet. 

No one likes a show off but you can’t knock the lad for trying.

They look the part those pro fitted systems but unless they earn me more coin than my diy beaut I won’t be investing. You should have got different colour hoses for each reel as it makes life a lot easier when on small jobs when under each other’s  feet. 

No one likes a show off but you can’t knock the lad for trying.
It's their hot hose bud only comes in red

Ahh right. It’s great that hot water for heavily soiled one off jobs but a waste of cash for your regular domestic stuff. 
I like it to be honest. Even on residential it gives you confidence with stuff like those little sticky insect marks in summer and stubborn first cleans. Less scrubbing too. More hose flex in winter. Lots of pros

Them reels look quality. The one thing I don’t like is where the controllers are placed.

It means you have to keep leaning into the van to turn them on and off or recalabrating .

Personally I’d buy some extra wire and place them next to the back doors ?

My first day wfp. My old laptop was driving me nuts this morning, pressed number 7 and number 9 appeared. So i spent 2 grand on a new one, got over 10yrs on old one. Didnt think it could get any worse but it did. My webasto heater would kick in but refused to heat the heat exchangers. Worked all day with cold water and only one of my customers complained not about wfp but why i was cleaning windows in the rain. Tried to explain but i slowly gave up the will to live by then. Trying to wind up hose manually on my electric reels was a nightmare, kept bumping my elbow and then the door would swing shut with the wind. Aye the reels are stainless steel Steve so worth a few bob in scrap when i decide to retire. Its like my old laptop, great when everything is working the way its meant to be.?

My first day wfp. My old laptop was driving me nuts this morning, pressed number 7 and number 9 appeared. So i spent 2 grand on a new one, got over 10yrs on old one. Didnt think it could get any worse but it did. My webasto heater would kick in but refused to heat the heat exchangers. Worked all day with cold water and only one of my customers complained not about wfp but why i was cleaning windows in the rain. Tried to explain but i slowly gave up the will to live by then. Trying to wind up hose manually on my electric reels was a nightmare, kept bumping my elbow and then the door would swing shut with the wind. Aye the reels are stainless steel Steve so worth a few bob in scrap when i decide to retire. Its like my old laptop, great when everything is working the way its meant to be.?
Did they not check the system make sure everything was working before you left ? Or did they say if anything doesn’t work don’t worry somebody is coming see you in 2weeks time ??  

this flash sale at grippatank isn’t working out that well is it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
7pm and desperate to get home. Just teething problems and starting cold was a blessing in disguise. HWFP with electric reels is best kept secret in the windy cleaning world. I flew through my work today in half the time. The white pvc doors came up like new which i pointed out to any customer i seen.

7pm and desperate to get home. Just teething problems and starting cold was a blessing in disguise. HWFP with electric reels is best kept secret in the windy cleaning world. I flew through my work today in half the time. The white pvc doors came up like new which i pointed out to any customer i seen.
I dont know how it doesnt have the controllers hanging by either side? I'll post a pic in the morning but that's how they have mine. Dead easy to get to and are on a length of cable to position where ya want

Latest Posts

Back