Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Foot my ladder? :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Welcome back dudeski, I thought we lost you.
Sounds like you are working hard at it, keep plugging away and it will come mate. I wish I had the guts (and charm, lol) to go out canvassing.
Lol well I dont find charm works but guts most defiinitley when I get there Im a bit on edge but once I knock 10 doors Im fine.

Yesterday I knocked 200 doors only 40 answered (Important thing to remember) and got 2 new costumers. 2 out of 40 if all 200 answered Im sure it would of been more.

Half my costumers hate it thou previous window cleaner must of done something wrong /emoticons/unsure.png, Send me a message about your van /emoticons/smile.png

Using a pole is definitely the easiest and cheapest way to clean that window joshua.....the window will be straight in front if you, so will be fairly easy to do.

Regarding canvassing.....presumably you dropped a leaflet or business card through all of the houses that didnt answer the door?

Yeah Im still waiting for my pole I have a 5M pole but its to hard using that one.

Of course but I never rely on my flyers as Ive never had a good return with them but always worth while trying. I try to take notes of which houses didnt answer so I can go back when I clean the new costumers but when there are no numbers and they are house names its quite hard lol. Ill get there one day /emoticons/smile.png my aim for this financial year is 200 new costumers. Two Days canvassing a week knocking 50-55 houses an hour, per day im hoping to get 2-8 new costumers

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sounds ameteurish but I tell you what before I got a pole I used broom handles, painting poles. Anything that my applicator & squeegee would fit on. If you get close to that window with yer ladder anyone of them would reach. God it didn't look professional but it worked :thumbsup:

Sounds ameteurish but I tell you what before I got a pole I used broom handles, painting poles. Anything that my applicator & squeegee would fit on. If you get close to that window with yer ladder anyone of them would reach. God it didn't look professional but it worked :thumbsup:
yep me had to do a bit of diy to get jobs done before today ....still as long as it gets the job done..

Lol I havent bought a trad pole I just bought a light weight car washing pole for £9 /emoticons/smile.png and a gooseneck for £3 bargain in my eyes as it comes with the push on as well as the screw end

i thinks me seen it cheaper....around the £60 mark and i have been on one and it felt really solid and yes i have thought about getting one....
Yeah i think the £60 ones are smaller, Im buying one anyway as it will be useful as a platform and other odd jobs I do /emoticons/smile.png

Lol I havent bought a trad pole I just bought a light weight car washing pole for £9 /emoticons/smile.png and a gooseneck for £3 bargain in my eyes as it comes with the push on as well as the screw endYeah i think the £60 ones are smaller, Im buying one anyway as it will be useful as a platform and other odd jobs I do /emoticons/smile.png
hi keep us informed with some nice pics....they must be great for hedge cutting/decorating etc.../emoticons/smile.png

hi keep us informed with some nice pics....they must be great for hedge cutting/decorating etc.../emoticons/smile.png
Yeah that was my idea as I do alot of odd jobs to keep myself a float /emoticons/smile.png

Back