Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Foot my ladder? :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sounds like your odds on favorite to win the competition, but there may be some surprise outsiders yet. Thats the good thing about getting older though....you care less about what other folk think.

yep it is funny but very true...i would never be seen dead in my glasses and hobo outfit i wear at home but have gone collecting in them just recently whilst on a taxi run for the kids..well suppose my custys know me by now....

I don't think anyone really had a go at Joshua. He seemed a good guy in all his other posts so I hope hes not taken anything personally as it wasn't meant to be taken bad.

Come back matey.

come back joshua we all want you....the thing is ....well i dont like to think the worst ...but ....come on joshua i know your all right really......

I've used a conservatory roof ladder before on ground floor pitched roofs.

I'm supprised that no one has come up with a window cleaning ladder that can do the same job

Slight overkill this one as by the time it's erected you could have cleaned the windows of a whole street using trad & pole or wfp./emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]

[/media]

you be the master video man smurf, i kinda didnt watch the dismantling bit....but this guy would have loved it....

"I was asked to point a chimney once by a bloke who had had a stroke and was wheel chair bound. Any way I get on the roof and I'm fumbling about trying to get a hold of something to get higher up the tiles. As I'm doing this, I hear the blokes wheel chair crunching along on the gravel. I'm thinking, oh f**k off will ya, I'm brickin' it here. I look down and he's only got a pair of binoculars trained on me" thankyou tuffers for making me laugh....

i suppose if you charge a good price it does make it look like your giving value for money....the job would have to be a big un though....

and sky drill holes for safety....they fill them afterwards..better safe than sorry...i had to laugh though as apparently they arent allowed to drill through the plastic frames so my son had to do it for them....oh yes i havent got sky but he has in his locked bedroom..../emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think your all a load of scardycats. As long as you make sure your equipment (and I mean Ladders) is all secure, then you are perfectly safe.

Myself I prefer to be sensible how I go about my work so has nothing to do with being a scardycat /emoticons/biggrin.png

Well, I think your all a load of scardycats. As long as you make sure your equipment (and I mean Ladders) is all secure, then you are perfectly safe.

All your stories have really made me think Im young now but I wont be forever, I will get fragile the ladder could move I know when it moves slighly its scary. Your posts have made me think about it and at the moment I dont have much work meaning I cant buy decent equipment, Youve all been there? and Ive been canvassing like crazy knocking doors, even phoning companies and working a second and third job because my car is about to die and I cant walk 10 miles to my costumers every day lol thats why I havnt been on. Just to let you all know I have just purchased a new lightweight pole with a smaller squeegee as well. We have and will always do silly things after all we are only human. Ive only ever had my grandad to guide me in window cleaning, I used to speak to other window cleaners but round by me there all the same and they dont care they just want the work and at a good price thats it. They dont want to tell me what they think is a window cleaning secret and loose work hense the reason why Im here on this site is for positive criticism.

Sorry to hear about your car @Joshua Dodd. I know how hard it can be to earn enough to get by but also having the right kit can make the job so much easier and safer to do.

Stay safe bud as no job is worth the risk of getting hurt over /emoticons/wink.png

Thank for posting as is the first time I've seen that vid from lee but I've have seen all those clips before and many more. /emoticons/wink.png

Im sure youve all seen this video this is what I call crazy

Back