Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Foot my ladder? :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Its always nice to get up close to the window, so I know where you are coming from joshua, but maybe have a go at using a short extension pole.....its difficult to begin with but you soon get to master it.

People wonder why this forum is going down the pan???

Here we have a guy who is new to the forum and everyone is jumping on his back. Ok I agree that ain't safe and I wouldn't do it either but we have all done similar "not so safe things" in the past. Instead of name calling and **** taking, we should be encouraging him to use safer methods and not the one he has used in the pic.

Back on topic, as another guy said, next time try using your ladder as steps and trad pole the windows, not hard with a bit of practice and a lot safer. Good luck.

P.S not aimed at all posters, I know some of you have been constructive.

Yes I think we all need encouragment at times not to do silly things just to earn a few pennies. I'm sure @Joshua Dodd was aware that he might get ribbed when he posted thoses pics.

hey @Joshua Dodd maybe try learn wagtail and pole for these windows when ya have no mate with ya

/emoticons/biggrin.png

well he might be new to the forum but claims to have 7 years experience as a windy and he says he has a cscs card and ladder safety training so surely he should know better , anyway its his ressponsibility and his decision

I had a similar like window today, which I just rested the ladder against the gutter and used a small trad extension pole. That is not entirely ticking all the right boxes with the HSE because admittedly when doing that I don't always have a hold of the ladder while using the pole. However as it was only a small bungalow I was no more than 10ft high, and was fairly safe IMO. If there is any concern over damaging the guttering, I have stand offs in the van.

hq7h.jpg

Yes i think some constructive advice is what we need now guys. Of course as smurf says i am sure Josh was aware that he would get ribbed for it. Hey we all do stupid things no matter how much experience you have. Only the other day i needed to go in the loft and instead of going and getting the ladder from the garden, being lazy i decided to get a chair and balance on that and the door handle then pull myself up. I knew full well this was not a great idea but still did it, luckily i got up there without any damage.

lmfao i used to wtrk like that when i started out oooops did i say that out loud:D:D but i wised up an got wfp i wouldent dream of doing that now i dont even walk on roofs unless there flat im very helf an safty oriantented now tho since i met smurf;)/emoticons/biggrin.png

i fell from 5 ft and knocked myself out momentarily messing customers flagstone with my blood, broke bone in back of my hand now my knuckle is out of line ,seperated my shoulder that now sticks up bit weird and 3 inch scar on my leg hasnt gone away

be safe guys and gals:thumbsup:

Well at least up a ladder you can't @norm but as long as you can still look up and got use of yer arms you theatrically could I suppose:rolleyes:

he he washed the windows then washed above them dirt down to windows

hope he doesnt get a hose pipe ban:gush:

good on him though:)

could have paid a windy a few pound for a proper job the tight git:laugh:

Think he is try to be independant as he suffers from CES (Cauda Equina Syndrome) poor chap

yeh, please dont take it wrong joshua....i a big fan.....we just dont wont you to get hurt.....yep me done that ladder like that a few times.....you have to be careful and you have to listen to the ladder and you have to spread your weight ...but i understand why you did it....you just have to do the best for the custy and you dont want to miss any window out....i once cba....to go home and get my even bigger ladder so i actually drove on to the custys front lawn and parked my ladder foot inside the car.....i was actually painting at the time ...no i didnt like it and no i wouldnt do it now but we oldies are only here to pass on help for you youngers to keep going .....ps i would advise footing both sides of the ladder if poss....just keep telling us your adventures ...i look forward to them ...though none as good as the chicken one......cluck cluck...

i fell from 5 ft and knocked myself out momentarily messing customers flagstone with my blood, broke bone in back of my hand now my knuckle is out of line ,seperated my shoulder that now sticks up bit weird and 3 inch scar on my leg hasnt gone awaybe safe guys and gals:thumbsup:
i had to like that comment....messing customers flagstone with my blood.......yeh i could just imagine some of my custys oh what a mess youve made.

.glad your all right now....

Latest Posts

Back