Gardiner backpack

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jonesy, Feb 22, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Newcomer

hi there everyone
    I've been using the new Gardiner backpack for just over a month now and have been v impressed with it. I've just noticed it won't let me charge it now. The charger turns green after about a minute,has anyone had this problem and know of a solution or is a case of phoning Gardiners

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I've tagged Alex Gardiner for you.

3. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Usually it will turn green if it is charged or if the charger is not connecting properly with the backpack circuit. It would be worth checking the terminals on the charging socket on the side of the backpack - are they dirty or corroded?

Does the backpack still run? If so what do the lights on the voltmeter show when the pump is on full speed?

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Newcomer

Firstly I would like to thank Tuffers for tagging Alex. I've checked the connections and they are all clean. When I turn it on full power it is on the orange light

5. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

Thanks Tuffers :)

Could you plug in the charger and turn it on. Then turn on the pump on the maximum setting - does the light stay on amber or does it go to green on the voltmeter?

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Newcomer

It turns green on the voltmeter

7. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

This means that power is getting through from the charger to the circuitry without any breaks - This is good.

Most likely then it is a faulty charger. Could you email the Customer Service Team on sales@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk with your order details and the fact that I have diagnosed a faulty charger on the forums. They can arrange for a replacement charger to be sent out to you.

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Newcomer

Thanks Alex I thought at one point I was wasting your time excellent customer service as always

Advertisement