Gardiner new swivel socket

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Smurf, Dec 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I tried the new gardiner swivel socket out today and must say it worked a treat :)

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I love using a swivel on normal 2 storey houses. I find it impossible to use higher than that as I can't get it to square up if it goes off track. Have you used a swivel before Smurf?

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nope not on a wfp brush before Tuffers as was the first time today, So you could say I'm a swivel virgin :D

4. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

Been using the swivel sockets since june and much prefer them, i would hate to go back to fixed now :)

5. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

#5 Barney, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    My too, I've been using swivel sockets since I sarted a few months ago. Works for me.
    You can tighten the screw to adjust how easy/difficult it is to swivel. Mine are farily loose.
    As regards 3 storey, I just adjust the angle on the window frame so i can clean/rinse at the right angle.

does that make sense? I mean I adjust the sideways angle on the frame so i can clean/rinsce. Not the angle the brush up or down.

6. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

A wee tip- I find that the pole hose, coming up through the neck itself gives a little bit of resistance- almost pulling on the swivel & not letting it move completely free. What I do is wrap an elastic band round the pole hose (above where it pops out of the top of the neck) numerous times until it can't be wound round anymore. This acts a wedge then, you can move it up & down a bit to suit but it stops the hose going back down the hole completely- allowing the swivel to move without resistance from the rest of the hose pulling on it.;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

How do you chaps get on with the socket swivel doing conny roofs as I've not tried it out yet on roof frames ect?

8. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I found I liked it on some windows and hated it on other configurations. Also, it only came on a short arm and I prefer the longer one. So, I left it off my pole.

If they made it as a "clip in", I would use it more. But, it is too much hassle to put it off and on per house as it is now. I have threatened to make it into a clip in myself, but haven't gotten around to it.

9. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

10. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

I've been using the Swivels for a year now.

I find they make conny roofs...facias etc so much easier as you can get at different angles while working from one spot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement