Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Rinse Bar - Are they worth it to speed work up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks again Davy. ?

Would you mind clearing up the difference between 50 degree fans jets and 100s? 

I’m going to have to try them out, to see if I prefer them. I do like the sound of them as the water comes out the full length of the brush rather than 2 jets in the centre. 

Out of all the brushes I’ve used I prefer the gardiner ultimate flocked (26 inch), it seems to work better on the glass, covers more on the glass with the extra bristles and lasts longer. Also they seem really good for all round cleaning, I.e frames, sills, 1st cleans and leaded windows.

I was thinking about maybe trying the longer brushes to speed me up a bit, what do you think? 

Would you strongly recommend cleaning all the frames every time? What I tend to do is touch the frames up where needed, I feel that if I cleaned them every time I would waste more time and water, when they look clean..  

But I don’t seem to be saving time and water in comparison to most window cleaners... ?

At the moment I’m only doing around £40 per hour with 2 people, however the person working for me is still learning. 

On my own I’ll do around £30 an hour on average, my work isn’t very compact tbh, average 3 houses per stop. Which I’ll complete in around 1 hour by myself if they were standard 3 bed semis at £10. 

Don’t get me wrong I’ve got a few new estates where I’ve got 20+ houses together, I’ve just got too many that are 1 or 2 together.. 

I wonder if my houses are underpriced compared to most people. Standard 3 bed semis, I’ll price at around £9-£10, with a conservatory they would be £12-£15. 

I understand that I will speed up when I am more confident with my technique. I just worry too much about doing a good job. I don’t get any complaints so I must be doing something right. I just need to speed it up and not use as much water. ?

Thanks, Luke. 
Hi Luke, the difference is in the amount of splay that's produced in the fan of water. The 100s produce a wider, finer fan, almost like a dense, wide mist. I've used both extensively and much prefer the 100s. I think, ideally they should be used with a non-flocked brush. For starting I'd suggest a Medium Mixed Sill Brush and two or three spare fan jets. This brush and jet combination will do everything you need it to including gfs. I wouldn't go for a large brush, I don't think there's a need for mainly domestic work. The thing is if you go larger, you also go bulkier and heavier. More mass to start, stop and change direction.

Put a brick or an iron or something else heavy in your hand and imitate the movements of cleaning a window, now put something light in your hand and do the same thing. You'll see how much quicker and easier it is to start, stop and change direction. Now imagine the difference at the end of a pole.

I clean everything every time, as per video, including vents. I've charged for a full window clean. It takes no longer, it uses hardly any more water and you don't have to worry about it causing problems down the line.

Our standard 3 bed semi's start at £14, most are £15-£16 at least, not a whole lot more with a conservatory as they mostly only take a couple of minutes. Don't worry too much about the existing prices at the moment. Perhaps creep them up steadily as the time goes on.

Here's a thing about quality and not getting complaints : Like everything else, it's important to try and find a sweet spot.

You can strive for perfection, which is probably almost impossible to achieve (surgically clean) and is unnecessary. Or you can strive for excellence ( nice, clean windows) that you can happily walk away from. Relax a bit, what's the worst that can happen? You might get an occasional complaint. No big deal as long as it's not too often, (in which case you simply up your game a bit) . You go back and put it right, and you've proven your integrity. The customer will now trust you. That's part of your guarantee by virtue of them being a customer of yours and because that's your integrity. I rarely get a complaint these days but if I never got one I might be wondering if I was too too thorough (striving for perfection instead of excellence). ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Luke, the difference is in the amount of splay that's produced in the fan of water. The 100s produce a wider, finer fan, almost like a dense, wide mist. I've used both extensively and much prefer the 100s. I think, ideally they should be used with a non-flocked brush. For starting I'd suggest a Medium Mixed Sill Brush and two or three spare fan jets. This brush and jet combination will do everything you need it to including gfs. I wouldn't go for a large brush, I don't think there's a need for mainly domestic work. The thing is if you go larger, you also go bulkier and heavier. More mass to start, stop and change direction.

Put a brick or an iron or something else heavy in your hand and imitate the movements of cleaning a window, now put something light in your hand and do the same thing. You'll see how much quicker and easier it is to start, stop and change direction. Now imagine the difference at the end of a pole.

I clean everything every time, as per video, including vents. I've charged for a full window clean. It takes no longer, it uses hardly any more water and you don't have to worry about it causing problems down the line.

Our standard 3 bed semi's start at £14, most are £15-£16 at least, not a whole lot more with a conservatory as they mostly only take a couple of minutes. Don't worry too much about the existing prices at the moment. Perhaps creep them up steadily as the time goes on.

Here's a thing about quality and not getting complaints : Like everything else, it's important to try and find a sweet spot.

You can strive for perfection, which is probably almost impossible to achieve (surgically clean) and is unnecessary. Or you can strive for excellence ( nice, clean windows) that you can happily walk away from. Relax a bit, what's the worst that can happen? You might get an occasional complaint. No big deal as long as it's not too often, (in which case you simply up your game a bit) . You go back and put it right, and you've proven your integrity. The customer will now trust you. That's part of your guarantee by virtue of them being a customer of yours and because that's your integrity. I rarely get a complaint these days but if I never got one I might be wondering if I was too too thorough (striving for perfection instead of excellence). ??
Thanks I really appreciate all your advise! ??

Back