Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Spray Bar ...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm using the tucker dual trim, it's very aggressive with stacks of Du-pont bristles. The inner trim is fairly stiff and when activated it almost feels like sandpaper on the glass.

It is fairly heavy though, around 250 grammes, nearly 300 with the rinse bar and more when wet. A far cry from my usual extreme.

It doesn't splay too easy and rips through the dirt, I like it!

IMG_2137.JPG

I'm using the tucker dual trim, it's very aggressive with stacks of Du-pont bristles. The inner trim is fairly stiff and when activated it almost feels like sandpaper on the glass.

It is fairly heavy though, around 250 grammes, nearly 300 with the rinse bar and more when wet. A far cry from my usual extreme.

It doesn't splay too easy and rips through the dirt, I like it!

View attachment 15309
Was using it like this for a couple of days this week found it splayed to much on glass so gone back to Gardiner brush

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Was using it like this for a couple of days this week found it splayed to much on glass so gone back to Gardiner brush

Which Gardiner brush mate?

I dont really push on the brush, I just let the bristles do the work. Because of how many bristles there are on this brush it holds up the best of all I have tried, except for the constructor but I'm finding it hard to get on with it.

Which Gardiner brush mate?

I dont really push on the brush, I just let the bristles do the work. Because of how many bristles there are on this brush it holds up the best of all I have tried, except for the constructor but I'm finding it hard to get on with it.
Think it’s one of the small ultimate range not used it for a couple of years it’s like new , Iv been using xline rinse bar for a while , first week with this Gardiner rinse bar very impressed so far . Do they not fit on the sill brushes ?

I bought the extreme brush to purposefully use with the rinse bar. The idea was it was going to be the lightest quickest set up

i could have. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work too well. Firstly the bristles splay too much so catch the rinse, even when just rested on the glass. Second because there is less bristles the brush doesn’t hold  the water too well so when you are scrubbing you aren’t getting much of a rinse at the same time if that makes sense. Been using it with my phantom horse hair which has worked well. But going to try it with my universal tomorrow to see if that is any better. Love the rinse bar, just looking for the perfect brush for it.

Think it’s one of the small ultimate range not used it for a couple of years it’s like new , Iv been using xline rinse bar for a while , first week with this Gardiner rinse bar very impressed so far . Do they not fit on the sill brushes ?

I dont know? Cant see why not.

I used the orange ultimate today but it just felt so soft, was using warm/hot water though.

I bought the extreme brush to purposefully use with the rinse bar. The idea was it was going to be the lightest quickest set up

i could have. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work too well. Firstly the bristles splay too much so catch the rinse, even when just rested on the glass. Second because there is less bristles the brush doesn’t hold  the water too well so when you are scrubbing you aren’t getting much of a rinse at the same time if that makes sense. Been using it with my phantom horse hair which has worked well. But going to try it with my universal tomorrow to see if that is any better. Love the rinse bar, just looking for the perfect brush for it.
I think it needs a dedicated brush designed for it, I'm hoping Mr Gardiner is going to come up with something in the near future.

I think it needs a dedicated brush designed for it, I'm hoping Mr Gardiner is going to come up with something in the near future.

I agree. I’m testing the universal tomorrow which will be interesting as it’s very flat at the top so should give a good rinse above. I’ve just always found the bristles on it not great on glass. Maybe something like the universal with DuPont bristles and hybrid inners?

74BA46AA-32DB-437C-BA16-E0D1505320B9.jpeg

Another angle. Really does shoot above the bristles.

6E2225A4-0A35-4B4F-BB48-E11C7D2712CA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks lads with answer8ng my question about the extreme medium mix hybrid Ihave the extreme DuPont hybrid brilliant brush with 100degree fan jets but not good for the rinsebar. 

My son as have as been using the low pressure rinsebar 26cm ultimate medium mix and and loves it flying thru the work this weeks we are getting home mega early.

the extreme 35cm medium mix natural hybrid  with the 35cm rinsebar is a beast absolutely no splay problems as it feels very firm on the glass.

Honestly can’t believe the speed we are working ATM and us8ng the 35cm extreme with rinsebar is super light,I’m considering getting a extreme 26cm stiff with with rinsebar for the extra narrow windows. 

I agree. I’m testing the universal tomorrow which will be interesting as it’s very flat at the top so should give a good rinse above. I’ve just always found the bristles on it not great on glass. Maybe something like the universal with DuPont bristles and hybrid inners?
View attachment 15311
Another angle. Really does shoot above the bristles.
View attachment 15312
Will give this brush a try tomorrow

Yeah got it last week so only been using it this week , Iv got a spring controller got it set to 60 what u got urs on

Cool, which brush you been using it with at the mo? I use a DA Controller and have it set similar to you, between 50 and 60. Seems perfect at that.

I bet that rinse bar is great for rinsing?
Yeah it’s spot on fella. I’ve been using rinse bars for a long time now. Had an xline inner brush one originally, then briefly a tucker over the top one, then bought a bissel carpet cleaner one and adapted it and used that for a long time, then moved onto Gardiners original one but wasn’t too keen on that. This new low pressure one is my favourite so far, looks smart, easy to fit, and works brilliantly without using loads of water.

Never used on but it looks like it would hit the wall above the window frame and spray water on the lintel that would run down onto the glass causing all sorts off issues not something I would consider using from just looking at these pictures 

Never used on but it looks like it would hit the wall above the window frame and spray water on the lintel that would run down onto the glass causing all sorts off issues not something I would consider using from just looking at these pictures 
Maybe not for everyone but the picture are probable quite deceiving as the brush I have it on is very flat at the top so it looks like it shoots higher above than it does. In reality it only rinses just above the bristle splay. Been using rinse bars in various forms for about a year and a half myself and never had any issues with catching above the window and bringing dirt down. Just technique I suppose.

I had reservations and thought that they would fill the vents, drips of soffits etc but the not at all ours jets are set above the bristles when they are gentle working the glass best addition is a long time for us the rinsebars paid for themselves easy in one day buy finishing extra early. 

Back