Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Spray Bar ...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have recently been sent the new half pressure version of the rinse bar and it is awesome.

There is a learning curve to these rinse bars and swivels, I have been swivelling for years now and can't use without.

The new rinse bar has tonnes of pressure and jets up above the brush, I personally still have to raise it up above the stock to get a clear unobstructed rinse which I have found is vital to a spot-free finish. I did trial the rinse bar with the jets hitting the back of the bristles, and while it was much easier to use like that, I was getting spotting in the middle of the glass. When I looked properly I could see that the water was hitting the back of the bristles and flowing down to the back of the stock, mostly missing the glass.

The clear problem for me is most brushes are not designed for rinse bars, the bristles are generally too long and obstruct the rinse with minimal pressure on the glass.

So, I bought a constructor brush.....

I have recently been sent the new half pressure version of the rinse bar and it is awesome.

There is a learning curve to these rinse bars and swivels, I have been swivelling for years now and can't use without.

The new rinse bar has tonnes of pressure and jets up above the brush, I personally still have to raise it up above the stock to get a clear unobstructed rinse which I have found is vital to a spot-free finish. I did trial the rinse bar with the jets hitting the back of the bristles, and while it was much easier to use like that, I was getting spotting in the middle of the glass. When I looked properly I could see that the water was hitting the back of the bristles and flowing down to the back of the stock, mostly missing the glass.

The clear problem for me is most brushes are not designed for rinse bars, the bristles are generally too long and obstruct the rinse with minimal pressure on the glass.

So, I bought a constructor brush.....
Cheers Paul, I remember you trialing 5he rinsebar and sharinginfo with me which was well receivedthats why I resurrected this thread I’m planning to use this with my extreme brush so hopefully clear the bristles. 

Also have noticed that the Angle as been set slightly highlyon the low pressure version so hopefully clear the bristles a bit easier. 

Also have noticed that the Angle as been set slightly highlyon the low pressure version so hopefully clear the bristles a bit easier. 
Yes it does clear the bristles much better, the extreme has the lowest and straightest bristle profile of all the Gardiner brushes I have so is probably your best chance at getting a clear rinse. Alex did recommend the medium mixed ultimate as it doesn't collapse so easily, I have tried that brush and it does hold its integrity well.

I have been using the rinse bar on the tucker dual trim and that works very well with the rinse bar, even though I still have to raise it about 1/2" above the stock which doesn't look very aesthetic but works.

You have one of those situations where you have to really slow down your technique when rinse bar'ing, but... you're going to be going home earlier still!

I am a fussy window cleaner and can't stand to leave a spot anywhere, the rinse bar has been able to knock an hour of a 7 hour day for me whilst using less water. It is a bit weird that you are rinsing and scrubbing in one and I have had to get my head around it (still am). I do check my results though wherever possible and find that it leaves a fantastic finish when done right.

It will get frustrating, after a week or two you should start getting used to it. I think in a month or two you'll be an expert at it. You'll experience better results, faster, whilst using much less effort. I would say practice on your own windows at home for an hour or two before taking it out in the field, try not to use under any pressure (like a big day where you have to get finished quick) and SLOW DOWN! You'll have to use your noggin for this one!

Cheers Paul, I remember you trialing 5he rinsebar and sharinginfo with me which was well receivedthats why I resurrected this thread I’m planning to use this with my extreme brush so hopefully clear the bristles. 
If I can find the time, I will do you a video of what I have learned so far mate.

Received my rinsebar today have installed on my medium ultimate as you suggested  @paul alan tried on my own house so far It seems really good and impressed, my windows have vents and it cleans above and under them without filling the vents up (which was a concern but now I know is nothing tow worry about)I have set it up so it’s slightly above the bristles but only just using the same flow rate as the 100 degree jets. 

Was going to set up on my DuPont extreme still might  even though the bristles are short think the splay might be a little too much will experiment over the weekend. 

I don’t own an extreme medium hybrid but think that brush would be more suited for the rinsebar. 

Tomorrow my my son is going to put it thru it’s paces but I will give it a good go as well ?

havnt had a chance to give the rinsebar full day yet as I cancelled Fridays work due to high winds and heavy rain, played about with it today again today on my own house for approx 20 minutes and can honestly say even in a short time that this is a great bit of kit.

set it up on a ultimate medium approx 13mm above the stock, jets just over the bristles measured flowrate at 1.5lpm feels like more though and rinses perfectly albeit my windows were already clean lol can't weight to try out on my 4 and 8 weekly. 

Got one of these on Thursday so only had Friday to work with it , but seems a great time and water saver , technique needs to b changed for certain windows but that doesn’t bother me aslong as the finish is good and the working week is shorter

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Got one of these on Thursday so only had Friday to work with it , but seems a great time and water saver , technique needs to b changed for certain windows but that doesn’t bother me aslong as the finish is good and the working week is shorter

Received mine Thursday but didn’t work Friday my son will be using it tomorrow and I also received a 35cm for testing that I will be using tomorrow on a 35cm medium natural hybrid extreme.

I have used both the 26cm and 35cm rinsebars on my own house yesterday I spent a little time setting them up so they slightly rinse above the bristles and what I think is the best flow without going of the top with water usage. 

Last edited by a moderator:
 Received mine Thursday but didn’t work Friday my son will be using it tomorrow and I also received a 35cm for testing that I will be using tomorrow on a 35cm medium natural hybrid extreme.

I have used both the 26cm and 35cm rinsebars on my own house yesterday I spent a little time setting them up so they slightly rinse above the bristles and what I think is the best flow without going of the top with water usage. 
Got mine on tucker brush at min still trying to get what flow is right , seem to use less water other day which is always a bonus

My 26cm is set the same as the gardiner 100 degree fan jets which is 1.5lpm which just clears bristles and rinses lovely using Gardiner ultimate orange medium brush which I think is a good brush for winter useand rinsing on the rinsebar is set at 13mm proud of the stock. 

The 35cm is set 7mm proud of stock and jets slightly clears bristles using the medium hybrid extreme flow rate is 2.0lpm that’s was giving me a good rinse.

After spend8ng a little time setting them up I used each brush for 20 minutes for purely cleaning checking flow and rinse clearance on my own house and was very happy how it was performing. Tomorrow will be the real test as I have a mixture of 4 and 8 weekly but after thw weekend results I have lots of confidence. 

Been using mine on a tucker brush today, finished for 1:40pm. 400ltr £270.
My son was using the 26cm on the medium mix ultimate used less water than normal.

Me using the 35cm extreme medium hybrid used approx the same amount of water but finished a lot earlier. 

between us 7 hour day finish at least an 1.5 hours earlier. 

Im absolutely gobsmacked with the speed of these rinsebar suss out a couple of techniques while using today.

Thanks Paul for getting me interested in them didn't think there was much more where I could fine tune my set up but the rinsebar as justraised the bar. 

Rinse bar work on ultimate DuPont brush ?

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums
The ultimate DuPont brush is my sons favourite and he uses that brush for just about everything but I installed it on the ultimate medium mix as the bristles are firmer due to @paul alan suggestion as the splay is more on the DuPont,  my son today did say though he might try it on the ultimate DuPont the weekend and see how it performs. 

Rinse bar work on ultimate DuPont brush ?

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Used mine all day today on the phantom horsehair DuPont brush which is very similar to the ultimate DuPont. Loved it. Just had to make sure the rinse bar was fitted about 1 Cm above the brush stick to clear the bristles, but worked a treat. The low pressure rinse bar is far better than the normal rinse bar in my opinion.

The ultimate DuPont brush is my sons favourite and he uses that brush for just about everything but I installed it on the ultimate medium mix as the bristles are firmer due to @paul alan suggestion as the splay is more on the DuPont,  my son today did say though he might try it on the ultimate DuPont the weekend and see how it performs. 
Put the rinse bar on the dupont and splay the bristles on the glass with the water on, watch from the side. You can see the water hit the back of the bristles and run back down the bristles to the stock, you'll see water pouring off the stock and onto the floor.

I think these rinse bars need a brush specificaly designed for them. Th closest I can find is the tucker dual trim.

I bought a constructor brush as that is designed for the rinse bar, it is hard to get used to the side bristles though. I went back to the tucker today after using the constructor last week and it felt so easy to use. I will keep trying with the constructor though as its super aggressive on the glass, I have the boars hair in the middle rows, they are very stiff and cut through the most stubborn stuff with ease.

I'm just about to go get it out the van and reconfigure the bristle rows and have a play about with it ready for tomorrow.

Den are you using the 14" rinse bar? or have I miss-read your post?

Used mine all day today on the phantom horsehair DuPont brush which is very similar to the ultimate DuPont. Loved it. Just had to make sure the rinse bar was fitted about 1 Cm above the brush stick to clear the bristles, but worked a treat. The low pressure rinse bar is far better than the normal rinse bar in my opinion.
The phantoms are clones of the tucker, you get more bristles on the phantom so it should hold up better.

Just imagine if Alex designed a brush specificaly for the rinse bar, wouldnt that be awesome.

Right here in the uk too, I reckon it'd be a big hit!

Another early pop happy days ?

@paul alan today I was doing some narrow windows the 35cm medium hybrid extreme were a little awkward for them slightly to wide have you tried the rinsebar on the extreme 26cm medium hybrid as I want a lightweight 26cm brush and rinsebar combo as I feel the extreme DuPont may a have a little too much splay which is a shame as it my favourite 26cm brush. 

Another early pop happy days ?

@paul alan today I was doing some narrow windows the 35cm medium hybrid extreme were a little awkward for them slightly to wide have you tried the rinsebar on the extreme 26cm medium hybrid as I want a lightweight 26cm brush and rinsebar combo as I feel the extreme DuPont may a have a little too much splay which is a shame as it my favourite 26cm brush. 
The extreme is a great brush, I think one of the best features is the weight. It's so light its great for rinsing off. The tradeoff though is it doesn't have the scrubbing power of other brushes.

It does splay easily though, although its probably got the shortest bristles they'll still obstruct the rinse.

For me, one of the advantages of a rinse bar is rinsing on the glass which means brush weight isn't as much of an issue as when rinsing off the glass. This enables me to have a heavier more aggressive brush that will cut down on agitation, meaning less work.

Less scrubbing and less rinsing, win-win!

Back