Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardiner valve or univalve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The taps fitted to the hose are very easy to break. They have rubber handles on the tap and if you let it hit the ground the rubber snaps off. I bought one with my original pole order and it lasted 3 and a half months. I replaced it and the new “stronger” version lasted 2 weeks. When I complained they told me it had been dragged along the floor. It did land on the floor a lot when I was cleaning a conny roof and up a step ladder and it bounced around the van for a bit. If you decide to go for that one then fit 2 giant protects-ball’s either side it will last a lot longer.

They sell another that goes on the end of the hose reel, its metal and much more hardwearing! The tap on it is also replaceable.

I prefer this way to the univalve. You can kink your hose between windows and then use the shut off when you’re moving right around the building.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
A tap mounted on the pole is the best way in my opinion . No dropping them no kinking hoses and no adjusting the flow back in the van on the controller. No wasting time or water. The two most precious things. 

B73DC6E3-787D-4C20-B5AC-3D66C7651581.jpeg

Back