Gardiners New Fibredyne Cfbc Sediment/carbon Pre-Filter 20"

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Brightsure, Apr 19, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

What does everyone make of these?

Product Overview
    High -Performance Pre-Filter replaces up to 6 standard 20" pre-filters
    Simply replace both of your 20" pre-filters with this single pre-filter and watch it last up to 3x longer
    • 0.5 micron nominal that flows like a 10 micron - in excess of 95lpm
    • Superior dirt-holding with low pressure drops -Increased pressure at the RO due to single filter use
    • Resistant to premature plugging - lasting up to 3x longer than traditional carbon blocks
    • 152,000 litre life
    • Fits all standard 20" Filter Housings

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

at those prices i think i'll stick to the filters i have,

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

4. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

[SIZE=12pt]These filters will actually save you time and money in quite a short time.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Each 20" filter will replace 3x twin filter sets. So you take out your current 20" sediment filter and 20" carbon filter and re-fit one canister and leave empty and then put the new filter in place of the carbon. This filter will then last up to 3x longer than a standard 20" twin-pack.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Working this out at our prices for a 20" twin pack this puts the cost difference at Fibredyne = £38+VAT v Standard Twin Packs = £59.25+VAT[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]A saving immediately - also factor in that you will have saved postage and time as well. Also these single pre-filters improve the through-flow of water at increased pressure which will improve the performance of the RO which will probably reduce your resin consumption as well saving you more money.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]With time we will probably switch over to these filters completely as there is simply no need for old filter technology anymore.[/SIZE]

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So I take it it's just a carbon filter that has an outer layer of micron mesh inside aswell?

6. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

It's quite a bit different to a standard carbon filter. The best explanation is on the technical PDF -
    www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Carbon%20Blocks%20Vs%20Fibredyne.pdf

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i have 3 10" filters on my static ro that last me 6 months without a problem, 2x 100gpd membrains that have now entered there 2nd year, resin wise im using only 1lt of resin every 2-3 weeks, i change it when water hits 002ppm. so its really cheap to run anyway, still got just under a bag of resin left that i brought feb last year. system is fitted with a flow ristrictor anyway so increasing the flow wont do anything due to the ristrictor!

tap water is 450ppm also.

my pre filters cost about £13 with p&p so for £26 for a years use i think is pritty good anyway.

8. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

Hi Richard

You have got one of the best low-cost set-ups available. If you have a good size holding tank and do not need a rapid fill-up then this is a great low-cost way of treating water – as long as you are not on a water meter as they are quite wasteful of water. I also used exactly the same 200gpd RO unit and a 1000 litre IBC which kept myself and 2 other workers supplied with water for about 7 years until I switched to a 4040 for more rapid fill times.

Because I had 100psi water at 85ppm I usually got about 001-002ppm from the RO and as a result used very little resin in a year. 2-3 years for the membranes was about standard for me. I did try and change the pre-filters every 3-4 months though as the water round here is quite full of mud which clogs up the pre-filters more quickly.

Even on your set-up though you would save money eventually with Fibredyne filters as instead of changing every 6 months you could stretch that to every 12-18 months. We have been conditioned by some of the main domestic RO manufacturers (100-300gpd) of the need for 3 pre-filters when actually 2 have always been sufficient on UK water supplies and now with new technology 1 is sufficient.

Personally I have always hated changing pre-filters so having to change less often and only changing one filter really appeals to me.

Other filter manufacturers also do similar all-in-one options but with not the same water through-flow rates which is why we went for the Pentair Fibredyne option.

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer its into a 1000lt ibc tank, i like this way the best, 1, have the room for it, 2 save on weight in the van so working from a berlingo the more weight you save on things the bettter,
    im on a water meter and with the tarrif we are on it only costs me around £9 for each 1000lts of pure water i produce, 2000lts waste 1000lts pure.

we are just sorting out and starting a window cleaning suppies shop in Northampton as the closest ones to us is in wolvahampton and london, there are a few places that sell little trad gear but thats it, nothing for water fed pole, so things will be getteing cheaper still.

Im always out with my ro checking and cleaning it as we had a legionnaires scare last year with our daughter when she was rushed into hospital with similar symptoms
    as it, luckly it wasnt but since then im always checking and cleaning ro to keep it as clean as possible,

10. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

Got to say im not sure i would feel confident just running this one filter, im not to convinced about it, Alex i take it you have tested this? and did you notice much of a pressure gain when using this?

Advertisement