Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gas bottle replacements

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey does anybody know if morrisons or esso will let me swap a bigger gas bottle for a smaller size

Why not ask them? If they did at one time, their policy may have changed since.
I believe there is a story about some makes and sizes of gas bottles being discontinued. There was something about it on a YouTube caravan site a few months ago. I wasn't paying much attention to it as it didn't affect me.

Why not ask them? If they did at one time, their policy may have changed since.
I believe there is a story about some makes and sizes of gas bottles being discontinued. There was something about it on a YouTube caravan site a few months ago. I wasn't paying much attention to it as it didn't affect me.
You can't buy bottles any more, do was about to go buy one of somebody but don't want to be stuck with a 47kg bottle. I thought with a few people running gas boilers in thrre van they mat have come across this

You can't buy bottles any more, do was about to go buy one of somebody but don't want to be stuck with a 47kg bottle. I thought with a few people running gas boilers in thrre van they mat have come across this
Be careful with the 47kg ones as they are normally used for static caravans/off grid homes etc. They are not really used for motorhomes, touring caravans, bbq's etc so you might find they are less places that handle them.
If you are just trying to get an empty bottle a certain size then maybe stick a Facebook post up in a local chat group or some local tips will 'sell' you a bottle.
I know Calor bottles deposit scheme used to be a bit of a con as your 'deposit' was more a rental fee and after a few years if you took a bottle back you received £0 in return.
As you probably know, the gas companies will only exchange their own bottles. So might be worth ringing round local suppliers to see what brand is easy for you to exchange.

Back