getting paid,when collecting is not an option!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Brettd, Mar 13, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Brettd

Brettd Newcomer

Hi,
    when i started my round was really easy to pop out in the evening and collect payments,now my rounds much bigger its becoming increasingly difficult to do so.
    Any thoughts on alternative ways of being paid please?

Advertisement
  2. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Bank transfers or the old SAE + cheques.
    I think soon there'll be paying via mobile phone texts and there's an app for smartphones, Pingit I think it is.

3. Joshua D

Joshua D Active Member

Barclays uses ping it the problem is there needs to be one app that takes all payments from all kinds of banks and people from young people to old. Alot of older people dont even have a phone that has apps I have costumers who dont trust payment apps or online transfers. I would go for the online transfer or paypal. There is a window cleaner that works in the same area who invested in free post envelopes on one side it gives you ways to pay, if you want to pay via check there is no excuse as its a freepost envelope. Plenty of options to think about.

4. TolishAPurd

Text the customer the night before so they know you are coming, and get them to leave money under a plant pot. Or get a website with a payment option like paypal.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Try not to text if poss, it leads to 'not today crew'.

BACS is good, IF they remember to do it. I find I have to chase quite a few up and I don't like chasing payment really.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

bank transfer is very popular /cheque in the post / cash in the post . all work very well for me

7. TolishAPurd

You are right, personally I've just been lucky so far. I have stopped this for most customers as I just like them using the website payment now. Its easy to track, everyone likes the convenience, and it means I don't need to text before. Its easy to declare from a tax standpoint too.

8. Brettd

Brettd Newcomer

cheers,lots to think about

9. Posh

Posh Hero

SAE for people over 5 miles away.
    Collecting when it's local

10. cheapncheerful

yeh me stopped collecting now....either the money is left for me or soon they will all pay bank transfer or paypal .....having said that the last new job hasnt got back to me when i explained i dont collect but i care not .....i got better things to do these days and less taxi runs for kids now means no excuse for collecting.....work is the curse of the drinking class.....

Advertisement