Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting Started

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cleaner2013

Hey all!
My other half is thinking of starting up window cleaning but he doesn't drive :/ so I think the ladders situation might be a problem

I've looked into the pole system but have no idea if it's easy to use or of it comes with instructions on how to use it? Also a few people have told me that it doesn't clean as well as the old bucket method?

Also where do you refill your water in between jobs?

Just looking for advice please from all of you experts. :)

Either way, trad or wfp he/you are going to need transport.
Before even considering spending any money on equipment you need to research your local area - is it saturated with window cleaners, and research how the job is actually done - lots of info on youtube - stick to UK window cleaners.

All the information you need is on this forum but you need to do a bit of searching for the info.

Running a business shouldn't be taken lightly, it is lots and lots of work and gaining good customers isn't easy!

Window cleaning without transport. Those were the days. Humping a ladder around all day and finding somewhere safe to leave it at the end of the day so you didn’t have to lug it all the way home as well. Happy days

@cleaner2013 without a vehicle it would be highly restricted. I have seen an article online about a company in London who have cargo bicycles and put a pole and some water containers in the cargo box (which is at the front of the bike). They can't carry much water but they do look quite a clever idea for non-drivers. Or a bike with a trailer maybe. Maybe could promote it as being "green" because you aren't using any fuel like petrol or diesel? It is tricky to make a decent living though, so your partner would have to knock on lots of doors close to your home to drum up work. Maybe go on local facebook groups and tell them who you are and what you do. Personally my work has struggled this last year or two as there are so many people doing it now (after covid quite a lot of cleaning equipment went up in price and, understandably, some people wanted to do their own thing rather than work for someone else), but if you can price up work well and do a good job he'll be ok. It's an industry that's very easy to step in to, but gaining and retaining good customers is the most difficult. PS. Don't go mad buying too much equipment. Try and buy just what you need and reasonable quality. It's way toi easy to get caught up buying all sorts and then it just sits in the garage not earning you money. Good luck with everything 👍.

Back