Getting work

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Barnsey, Apr 7, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Barnsey

Barnsey Newcomer

What's the best method for getting new work. . Have tried the canvassing route but found people are out a lot. Have had reasonable success with flyers thru doors but not getting work that quickly. Any advice on other methods. Have tried ad in paper but no joy.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I wonder how many if asked "would you like a free window clean" would say "yes" :rolleyes:

3. TolishAPurd

Time is your friend in this game, unless you just buy a round or pay a canvasser.

4. Barnsey

Barnsey Newcomer

Hi Smurfey , yeah have put a free clean on the flyers if regular clean booked. It works ok. Canvassing is what everyone recommends. Maybe I need to go out in the evening. After 6 ish

5. Barnsey

Barnsey Newcomer

Would be interested in buying some work but nothing about in my area. Just gotta keep plugging away and brush up on the doorstep charm I guess.

6. cheapncheerful

yes some one did that near me...and anyway i think that was what Corwoods were up to with their hot water wash when i saw them last as they weren't there long enough to do all the windows.....just a free sampler....

a lot offer a discount....for first clean....

7. Barnsey

Barnsey Newcomer

Yep offered half price 1st clean at first but very little response.

8. TolishAPurd

1st clean discounts, freebies and whatnot seem like just a great way to attract the ones that just want a clean every five years (...but the want to pay the same price as a monthly custy).

9. cheapncheerful

bloomin heck should have got you in to do mine....i almost had a go at them today ...now my porcupine is here....:rolleyes:

Advertisement