Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just went canvassing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jackwindowcleaner

Just done a bit of canvassing for the first time.. Was nervous at first thinking those windows are too clean they must have one .. They must have one.. Then thought sod it knocked on a door an elderly gent came to the door and said "oh no we use brian he's been doing it for 15 years" I said "oh fair enough does he do all of the houses around here?" He said mostly. So I was walking around and think brian probably does that one, and that one, and that one.. Then

saw a van and said that's probably brian. Making excuses again. Then went to another road and saw a really dirty house and though I'll give this one a go. Knocked on the door asked if she needed a window cleaner she goes erm.. How much so I ask if I can pop round the back and give her a quote she had quite a big conservatory and I quoted £15 she said she's got a quote off of someone else but he charges by the hour to do bits and bobs so gave her my card. After that I was full of confidence so just kept knocking for about another 20 minutes gave a few people my card but then it started ******* down so I called it a day. Not expecting anything out of it but I wasn't when I went out but cor what a mood lifter! Gives you a lot of confidence can't wait to get back out! Apologies for the essay just wanted to show that if you're thinking about doing it and putting it off, just do it. Most people are friendly. Why let someone else steal them from you?

This is what im like, i knock a few and then lose confidence if i dont get a yes fairly soon. last time i went out and promised myself to do 3 hours no matter what, i got nowt for 1st hour 2 in second hour and none in third hour, but i did it. not done any since tho, its a mental battle for sure, one day wont have to go through it anymore until then its a long road

i luv knocking cause wen u get a real ****** saying dont bother knocking these doors round here we have a windie cleaner in this street but previuos to this person i have aqquired a few in the street

haven been out to much myself lately ive been busy was out to 8.30 tonight /emoticons/ohmy.png from 7

You need a winning mentality.

Go out with a positive frame of mind.

Be just as polite and positive even after your 30th negative response in a row.

All the work is there and up for grabs, just got to keep chipping away til you find it!!

I can't wait to do more canvassing. Get my OSmaps out and start a tactical campaign. Like Montgomery!!

Sad innit.

Back