Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ghosts?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Love these stories cacking myself reading them

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

I had to tell my wife to stop telling me about what she sees as frightens the **** out of me. Also every house we have lived in she has seen dead ppl /emoticons/biggrin.png

very interesting subject though...especially gary in celeb big brother saying about previous lives....who knows....something to think about as i polish the glass...

They say we only us 10% of our brain probably for a good reason as who the hell wants to see and hear dead ppl everyday. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I know bringing an old post to life is a little like bringing back the dead, but in this case fitting I think.

I have continued to visit and clean the exterior of this house every 6 weeks since August 14. It is down a long twisted track and it is always gloomy when I go there. I have never met the owners so there is no one there as I work. The laughing children are still laughing from time to time, which I try to dismiss as the wind cutting around the building and I thought I saw a face at one of the upstairs windows last week.

I now go there with a little excitement,.....who knows what I may see.

Thought you might like to see the 'haunted' house.

image hosting 20mb

I don't scare easily. I've searched many old houses alone, sometimes at night if necessary, but I was glad to be handing those keys back. I didn't have the courage to mention any of this to the old lady though.
Nice to see you put those days behind you and have gotten back on the straight and narrow to earn a crust! /emoticons/tongue.png

I know bringing an old post tin t life is a little like bringing back the dead, but in this case fitting I think.
I have continued to visit and clean the exterior of this house every 6 weeks since August 14. It is down a long twisted track and it is always gloomy when I go there. I have never met the owners so there is no one there as I work. The laughing children are still laughing from time to time, which I try to dismiss as the wind cutting around the building and I thought I saw a face at one of the upstairs windows last week.

I now go there with a little excitement,.....who knows what I may see.

Thought you might like to see the 'haunted' house.

image hosting 20mb
I have been checking this photo for about five minutes.....looking for faces in the window or anything spooky at all. No joy though.

Fookin hell taytay....where ya been me old mate..strong batch of homebrew??

Was getting worried..how you been??

In December it was nearly dark when I was reeling in the kit @mrtaytay I had got there later than I intended and gambled on the place being deserted, so they wouldn't know if I finished in the dark.

The wind was blowing and the outside lights were flickering on and off, I felt I was being watched and kept scanning around me but saw nothing. I heard a door of one of the out buildings slam and stood there in the dim light for a moment wondering if there was anyone there.

Then I reminded myself that I'm an ex copper and had faced much worse than a ghost in the past. I pulled myself together and went to check. As I walked around a corner a figure darted back into the outbuilding, so I went to investigate. I am now wondering if this figure is a life person or a dead one. Inside was the 65 year old groundsman/caretaker. He shouted as I pushed the door open and covered his face.

It seems he had seen the flickering lights from his cottage and had worked up the courage to come down and check, but in the gloom he had seen me moving around the building and thought I was the ghost of the old Rector who haunts the place, or so he told me. He said he hates the place after dark and tries to avoid going to the main house.

I think we were both relieved to see the other was not a ghost.

I don't believe there's nothing out there as too much we can't explain such as my son as a toddler talking to someone on the end of his bed at night when there was no one theirand when asked saying he was talking to the postman

My dad was a postie and died before he was born..

But the thing is i reckon you would have to be a wrong un to come back as a wrong un so why be afraid of normal people come back to visit if you get my meaning

If dad had come back he would mean no harm and i would be glad to see him not scared

was replacing a pane of glass that had been broken by one of my workers . house is over 200yrs old. get up the big ladder and start chiselling out the old putty - hey, last person to touch this was almost medieval ,im thinkin about him, i sense him

suddenly the wind gets up and now i really was sh//ting myself.i look round half expectin to see a guy hanging from a nearby tree ,but i jus see trees swaying, no body

it was as if the old house spirit was saying -we dont want you fookin about up here -get you gone

Evening Daveyboy......I have had a busy old couple of months...my dads spent about 6 weeks in hospital so I have been busy going back and forth. Even fell behind with the homebrew, but got 80 pints barrelled and bottled now.

Supping orange wine at the moment.....top notch stuff. Very strong as well.

No worries mate..good to see you back..how's your dad now..

My allotment has been neglected as I have been busy..just a nicely dug over plot at the mo with a bit of garlic and some spuds planted

Gonna be a quiet year down there for me but will keep it nice and clean for next year..i am planting mostly fruit in the autumn ready for next year..fruit looks after itself a bit better and makes nice drinkies

In December it was nearly dark when I was reeling in the kit @mrtaytay I had got there later than I intended and gambled on the place being deserted, so they wouldn't know if I finished in the dark.The wind was blowing and the outside lights were flickering on and off, I felt I was being watched and kept scanning around me but saw nothing. I heard a door of one of the out buildings slam and stood there in the dim light for a moment wondering if there was anyone there.

Then I reminded myself that I'm an ex copper and had faced much worse than a ghost in the past. I pulled myself together and went to check. As I walked around a corner a figure darted back into the outbuilding, so I went to investigate. I am now wondering if this figure is a life person or a dead one. Inside was the 65 year old groundsman/caretaker. He shouted as I pushed the door open and covered his face.

It seems he had seen the flickering lights from his cottage and had worked up the courage to come down and check, but in the gloom he had seen me moving around the building and thought I was the ghost of the old Rector who haunts the place, or so he told me. He said he hates the place after dark and tries to avoid going to the main house.

I think we were both relieved to see the other was not a ghost.
Would love to visit the place.....that kind of thing intrigues me. One of my locals is reputedly haunted by several ghosts including mary queen of scots. They even have some photos behind the bar.....one which shows just an arm and hand reaching for someones shoulder whilst they are eating a meal and one of a head/face squeezed between a freezer and the wall......very weird

One of the most haunted places jn the country is a place called cold christmas where they have an old chapel surrounded by graves

We all got hammered one night and went there and oueegee board (not sure how to spell it)

Was a little scary

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2h49mtzb-rk/hqdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h49mtzb-rk&h=360&w=480&tbnid=cSrOmNmM6WWOWM:&zoom=1&docid=hb1hyLN_Cl5cVM&ei=eTIPVZHXFIfnaricgKgD&tbm=isch&ved=0CCMQMygGMAY

We moved the wood and climbed in a window

No worries mate..good to see you back..how's your dad now..
My allotment has been neglected as I have been busy..just a nicely dug over plot at the mo with a bit of garlic and some spuds planted

Gonna be a quiet year down there for me but will keep it nice and clean for next year..i am planting mostly fruit in the autumn ready for next year..fruit looks after itself a bit better and makes nice drinkies
Me dads ok thanks....Its the dreaded c word but he is positive and upbeat, so heres hoping.....and he still enjoys a pint!

Good planning with the fruit......I sometimes wonder if I should turn the whole allottment over to rhubarb....its such a lovely wine. I managed to get about 30 bottles from just the one plant last year, so 10 or 20 more plants would make enough for 1 or two bottles a day....sounds good to me.

Sorry to hear that tay I've seen a lot of that in my family

if he is still having a beer it isn't a bad thing..i strongly believe mental attitude can make all the difference with these

things

I have an open mind about this subject. One of my locals is reputed to be haunted by mary queen of scots. As well as that, they have a dog ghost and an amorous ghost ( landlady often feels someone feeling her neck and blowing on her neck...its not me...honest). Behind the bar is a book of ghost photos...some are seriously freaky. They have one bedroom that no one sleeps in or enters......previous landlords as well as the present have described it as cold and pure evil.
On the rhubarb wine.....so might be talking total rhubarb!.

If anyone had the chance would they stay in a reputed haunted place for a night....think I would.....but only if accompanied with a long lasting supply of my homebrew
my x used to dabble in the weejy boards an had something follow her from house to house i dident beleve her till i saw the shxxxit go on fuk man it was ape banging foot steps stiff moving on its own she stayed at my house for a week an after she left i started hereing shxxxit going on up stairs an i was not inpressed there is some werid stuff going on i tell ya this stuff fuks with ur mind in a big way

Back