Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A old veteran window cleaner caught out by the modern method...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Trev81

So was doing a first clean on this old ladys house yesterday who I suspected would be hassle as my mate lives next door to her and says shes a bigstyle moaner.. But I thought will give her a chance and added a bit extra to her 1st clean price than normal and a couple of quid extra for regular cleans to cover any hassle, I turned up and started to clean, first pre spraying the frames/glass etc then cleaning them, she decided to go upstairs and look out of each window I was cleaning to make sure I wasnt missing any bits she knocked a couple fo times to notify me of a little bit on the ledges lol.. About 30 mins in and about halfway through the job a old geeza turned up in a van as I was on the garage roof with pole cleaning some hard to get to windows, he shouted up to me "you lot have it easy these days with them pole things I used to be a window cleaner for years blah blah blah, had 16 men working for me all over the place"…. Yeh yeh i thought to myself, so he went inside and quickly came back out and said can you get your skrim cloth and wipe all the glass on the back as you have left lots of water drips on them, thinking he ment runs or smears I went to have a look and asked him to point out the issue as they looked perfect, it then took me about 15 mins to explaint to him how pure water cleaning works and that you do not dry them off, after he tried to disagree a few times saying I must also scrim cloth them off I think the penny finally dropped! Told him and her if they don't dry perfect call me, 1 day on no calls! Thought he would of known such basic things like that after having a 16 large crew working for him for years! LOL

Felt like it @daveyboy1 he was a rate C*** but as it was a new customer I held back, but if I get the same rubbish next time then they can do 1

Back