Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter camera

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Go pro is the best camera for gutter survey [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go pro is the best camera for gutter survey [emoji108]

I used it for the full gutter clean @Neil as it was a very modern building with steel brackets inside the guttering. Also the guttering was quite deep, But only took 2 hours with setting it up and clearing the gutters. Saved so much time!, If it was just PVC guttering I would of done what you did in your video! /emoticons/biggrin.png

GOPR0046_zpspfsvmvmm.jpg

Just one of the images I took after the clean, The clarity of the images are spot on!

I e-mailed images to the customer and this is now a 6 monthly clean.

A picture paints a thousand words and all that...

The gopro is also a very powerfull tool to have and use to gain new repeat business for sure.:thumbsup:

Agreed @Smurf It was an oldish chap that I done the job for, And he was amazed that I was using my phone to view the live feed from the camera. I handed him the phone so he could see for himself what I was doing, And how I was doing it.

I think he quite liked it, As he kept coming back /emoticons/biggrin.png

And Quite possibly a £400 camera (Bought the LCD and Battery backpacs too) has won me the job twice yearly... Also come in handy as can use it for stuff apart from work /emoticons/biggrin.png

My very first job I bought a gopro for covered the cost of buying one and more some. Also won me the twice yearly clean on that job alone so it's defo a no brainer.:thumbsup:

That is this difference with windows cleaners expecting to get a good whack just by turning up with a bucket, trowel and ladder and not even look in the guttering beforehand. People that will pay more want someone who is professional these days to do the job that has the correct tools and procedures in place to do the work properly and more importantly safely.

Regarding my ladder set up I get that all the time from customers and passersby. As not only is it a safer way to work from ladders using an ankalad & microlite standoff it looks the business too and also helps me win more work whilst working. Same as when people see me using the gopro & guttervac on jobs too.

Right tools for the job & all that....:thumbsup:

the other week property developer(with few sets of ladders) was impressed with my ladder set up

Great pics from everyone with the go pro I still haven't bought the lcd back pack is it really worth it as with the go pro you can record your survey and take screen shots of the recording on your iPhone [emoji106]

It's a personal choice really but I find the lcd touch screen bacpac handy for quotes etc as you can have easy access to the functions of the camera and see and show customers directly from the camera instead of having to connect it to a phone when it's not need.

That was one of the reasons why I bought the LCD too, Not only that it was also over £200 cheaper (Including battery backpac too) Than a gutter camera (The one that they sell with SKY VAC) that would last longer than an hour with good quality images.

You got a very good deal on that gopro hero 4 black package. What with the bacpac battery & backpac lcd touch screen included and all :thumbsup:

Only after some good advice from the little blue man himself. This is a good little forum! And if I have a day where its too wet to work, I come here and amuse myself by reading posts from @cheapncheerful I can never read a post from him without cracking up!

Great pics from everyone with the go pro I still haven't bought the lcd back pack is it really worth it as with the go pro you can record your survey and take screen shots of the recording on your iPhone [emoji106]

Neil, what attachment do you use for yr phone?

Been looking online for a few weeks after my (egg fried rice) gutter camera died! I have gone for the Sony hdr as30v action cam, nice small and light, WiFi built in, works with both android and apple. waterproof to 5 metres. Used it for the first time today, 40ft high gutter job and

the quality is good watching through phone. After searching so long for a good cam I recommend this one!

Latest Posts

Back