Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Today we were having a day of vaccing gutter and the intercepter started making some funny noises them a Big Bang and black dust came out of the blow function outlet and that was it , cannot start it as won’t turn over I think the impellers in suction unit have broken up , phoned spinner clean looks like it’s going to have to go back to them for investigation/ repair he said it’s the first one they have had a problem with .

Just emailed them about the cost of a service, let me know what they say and I'll ask them to check mine. They always say "it's the first time" no matter what bit of kit goes wrong. However they usually fix them without a quibble, yours must be well out of warranty though

Just emailed them about the cost of a service, let me know what they say and I'll ask them to check mine. They always say "it's the first time" no matter what bit of kit goes wrong. However they usually fix them without a quibble, yours must be well out of warranty though
Yes it’s out of warranty spoke to mark he was very good I have got it on a pallet ready to go got to phone them back in the morning and arrange it’s collection , it’s going straight back to the manufacturers who make the vac part that’s under the engine it has veins in the pump I think one or all have seized up and broken up , you cannot turn the engine over , but if you remove the belt the engine starts fine . Will be interesting to see what it costs it looks expensive ???. He phoned the manufactures and explained what had happened and they were very surprised and want it back to investigate as never had a problem before , yes they are bound to say that ??? But Ime guessing when I bought mine it was one of the first sold as they hadn’t been out long , don’t know if this will become a fault with many or if it’s just a one off , they will let me know the outcome , when I bought it I asked about servicing it and was told only the engine needed servicing not the vein pump ??? Maybe they will revise this , but it will be a pain if it has to be sent away for servicing and costly as it is a pallet job .

Not that it helps, but my guess is the vac pump bearings have failed allowing the impeller to hit the casing.
Hopefully it hasn't damaged the impeller or casing.
Fingers crossed it will be a cheap fix and be back with you ASAP.

I would be asking to get a free rental replacement until issue resolved. I actually drove past, close to the Industrial estate, yesterday hence the email about service cost. You did previously mention a fan belt problem wonder if they're connected
Yes the cam belt type of thing was badly frayed so I replaced it a few months ago , the bottom pulley on the blower vac was turning freely then now you cannot turn it , so think something has broken up and jammed inside it’s a vain pump I believe bit like a supercharger in design . Luckily I only have a handful of vac jobs at the moment and can re scheduled them ,hopefully it shouldn’t take more than a week or so to get fixed ,I also have a small 35 ltr electric grippatank gutter vac that in an emergency could use for small jobs , but annoyingly there is no outside electric supplies on the outstanding properties!!!

Latest Posts

Back