Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My first 4200 watt vac I ran it without the large filter in it on a few jobs. Needless to say I fooked up the motors in it very quickly. Oops! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I took on board your tip about the bag a while back @WWC. The wet stuff got past it this time :thumbsdown:
These days i don't even bother with the cloth filter (except dry weather) but use the plastic only. It protects the motors, and stops the loss of suction problem of a wet cloth filter.

----------

Paul

These days i don't even bother with the cloth filter (except dry weather) but use the plastic only. It protects the motors, and stops the loss of suction problem of a wet cloth filter.
----------

Paul
I need to try myself

You will kill the motors quicker for sure not using a filter as I should know a wet/dry vac used for gutter clearing lasts me about a year if I'm lucky that is now with the filter in.:rolleyes:

The plastic sheet/bag idea would protect that side of the drum filter from getting clogged with crud up to a point. However I would have thought it would also gets sucked to the filter and affects the performance/air flow of the vac surely?

The plastic sheet/bag idea would protect that side of the drum filter from getting clogged with crud up to a point. However I would have thought it would also gets sucked to the filter and affects the performance/air flow of the vac surely?
I have used a sheet for many gutter cleans now. For me, it has been a brilliant idea. It doesn't cause any problems in itself. Maybe the cage around the motors stops it causing an airflow problem? Using the cloth filter gave me constant problems as it got wet easily, then I had no airflow. I have used that sheet for about a year now, and do a reasonable number of gutter clears.

The plastic stops both the debris going into the motors and the water causing problems. As I said though, I have used the same piece all this time. So all I can say is that the piece I use in my machine works really well. YMMV

----------

Paul

Latest Posts

Back