Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vacuum

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PC

I think I’m down to the phantom or the predator.
I know Ched has a phantom I think so your thoughts would be good mate. Or anyone else who has had one or currently has a phantom.
I’ve looked at the pros and the cons.
Looks like the predator is the beast to go for if you do loads of gutter work.
However I’m mainly going to be using mine on domestic properties. Probably 3 storey max.
Also the predator would need a hefty genny and getting it in and out of the van is an issue.
I see the phantom can be run off a genny that is about 20kg so easily manageable getting in and out of the van.
My questions are -
Does the phantom cope with most things?
Would it manage easily up to 3 storeys?
What are the cons of it? Ie what does it struggle with? If anything?
Would it be best to go for the clamped poles?
I’ve searched the internet and the search bar on here so I’m really looking for first hand experience.
Thanks in advance

I can only speak of my limited experience with the Panther. I have a 2019 peugeot partner with a 400lts tank, ro/di/booster, a pure freedom elec reel and some racking which doesn't leave me much space for a gutter vac. I bought the 40ft of ali poles as each pole is shorter than the carbon ones and they just fit between the bulkhead and the tank widthways - the carbon are longer and wouldn't fit there. The Panther then goes in up against the booster pump box leaving just enough space between it and the rear doors for the Atom Geny (I think GVS now sell their own branded geny, which has some nice features). So with the geny and a fuel can it all fits quite tightly.

As for using the vac I have found it good, although I don't have anything to compare it to. I used it yesterday on a job that had quite a bit of weed growth and it took a bit of 'chomping' at the clumps to break them up but it did remove them, I think with a more powerful vac it would have been quicker on those bits but having to lug a bigger geny in and out of the van and around the property would probably have taken the same amount of time.
It is powerful enough to be able to pick up the bits of mortar from ridge tiles that falls into the gutters.

I do use an action camera AKASO V50 Elite with gvs camera and phone mount - I use my old rugged phone to view. I find that it works quite well although sometimes it's difficult to see black dirt against black gutters. I like to take before and after video and screen shot it to send with quotes and then save the after video so I can show I have done the job if required.

I think that I made the money back on all the kit within about 6 weeks when I bought it last August.

For me it fits in my van and anything bigger wouldn't so I didn't have much choice. I don't really do commercial stuff - bar a few shops and a factory - it's not really an area that I have market to. We do have lots of 3 story Victorian properties round here plus lots of companies charging silly low prices - detached £60, 3 story £80. So I tend to only really market to my existing customers.

I do have a big gutter empty (lots of weeds) and gsf clean to do in a couple of weeks that will be quite a challenge for both the Panther and me but I think we will be fine.

A couple of things you have probably already worked out:
If there are lots of bits of mortar from ridge tiles in the gutters, they are a right pain to suck out as each one has to be sucked onto the nozzle then swung to a safe location to then either remove the cuff or stop the vac. This all takes a lot of time - I did 2 neighbours who had same roofer re do the ridge tiles and I think he left every bit of the old mortar in the gutters!!!! Took me a whole day!
If you see weeds and cables in the gutters this again will take lots more time than you think.

Latest Posts

Back