Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vacuum

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So if you had all 3 motors running on the Phantom 3600 are you saying you couldn’t run it off a customers power mate?
No, I'm just suggesting that the published wattage (3600 watts) is not what it will actually pull from the mains. As it's supplied with a UK plug then it will run of a uk socket from a customers house. Remember to use a good quality extension cable and always fully unreel it. A coiled cable is a fire risk.

So if you had all 3 motors running on the Phantom 3600 are you saying you couldn’t run it off a customers power mate?
Yes you can run the Phantom 3600w on mains electrics. 3600w vacs hit their peak power - you are not running any of our 3600w systems continuously at their peak maximum start up power.

The Phantom is also equipped with the RCD adaptor, and so if you were not on mains electrics but in fact a spur (ie conservatory for example) if you were using all 3 motors and there were a surge for any reason at all, the RCD will protect the electrics.

I hope this clarifies, Julia

The Phantom is also equipped with the RCD adaptor, and so if you were not on mains electrics but in fact a spur (ie conservatory for example) if you were using all 3 motors and there were a surge for any reason at all, the RCD will protect the electrics.
Just so you are aware an RCD (Residual Current Device) is not a replacement for a fuse. RCDs continuously monitor the flow of electrical current on a circuit. If an RCD detects a very small current leak (eg 10mA,30mA etc), it will quickly cut off the power supply. i.e. it doesn't protect against over current. If their is a fault with a device or cable and electricity 'leaks' to the earth wire or via a human to ground then the RCD will shut off the electricity very quickly - designed to prevent deaths due to electrocution. MCB (Miniature Circuit Breakers) protect against over current.

A spur should legally be installed with a suitable cable and mounting system to allow it to be protected by the final ring circuit breaker (usually 30Amps).

As far as I am aware all your current vacs will happily run from a customers socket - provided their sockets are in good condition and have been installed to current regs.

Latest Posts

Back