Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Warming Gloves...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

shazzy you crack me up, i have to agree with previous posts about gloves being useless for trad, just work harder and you wont feel the cold as much

shazzy you crack me up, i have to agree with previous posts about gloves being useless for trad, just work harder and you wont feel the cold as much
Might be useless for trad I know my scrims and cloths get alot more wetter quicker, but dont your hands get cold carrying a freezing cold ladder or squeegee(yes mine has a rubber handle but still gets cold)..

yh they get cold, but generally only in the morning for the first hour, if its really cold i fill my bucket with hot water first thing and just keep dipping my hands in it til they warm up

The point your missing is when u have wet hands and the cold hits them they chapp. The next day even worse. Then it becomes a problem.

No gloves, mind over matter, but with barrier gel. (Notice i said gel not cream lol)

Colder the better, keeps the cowboys away /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah, I know the weather has warmed up since this was posted, but for anyone searching threads next winter...

You could get a few sets of those re-useable gel hand warmers, and two pairs of gloves. I pair in the van with a set of hand warmers in them. One set on you. As you get wet / cold hands, swap the gloves. Put the warm ones on, and put the hand warmers in the cold ones, and leave them in the van.

Just a thought - I haven't tried it myself, but have used those hand warmers at other times.

Back