Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any tips on this first wfp job?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris33

The owner of gym wants white facia cleaned down, as Google are going out to take pics or something..

Anyway, I'm going to obviously backpack this Job and have really not used my backpack.

Do I add anything to water? Any other tips?

I will be cleaning windows after this so do I leave for half hour after wfp the facia and then hit the windows?

View attachment 7696

Thanks lads will probably buy that brush then, for long term use too I guess.

Will need to bite the bullet with this wfp lol!

Will need to bite the bullet with this wfp lol!
It will suck you dry as there's so many bits and bobs to buy, it's a good idea to have 2 of everything that can go wrong while out on the job. Last week it felt like I was doing running repairs daily. The Hozelock connector onto my reel decided to keep popping off on Thursday and wouldn't stay on, luckily I had spares and I was up and running in seconds.

Cheers tuffers am glad I'm tradding first tbh,think it's something I can at least rely on should wfp take some adapting.

That backpack Is annoying though, if gona do it reckon just getting the van kitted out properly is the way forward.

If you can i would clean the cladding with tap water to save on pure

Leave for long enough to stop dripping then do windows with pure or trad them

Good idea Dave! Tap water it defo is, was gona pure it simply cos I'm gona use the pole, and hadn't even though of that!

Any fascia or conservatory roof jobs i do i use the customers tap wherever possible and only use pure for a final rinse on the roof if it's glass and then to do the windows

Any fascia or conservatory roof jobs i do i use the customers tap wherever possible and only use pure for a final rinse on the roof if it's glass and then to do the windows
I have connectors and hose to hook up to custy's tap, but there is a lack of pressure I find and you can't get as good a flow of water as your system gives you.

Not one mention of the U word? Thank f. Get a bucket of soapy water on it, then rinse with normal water, I wouldn't even waste pure on it. Stop for a cup of tea, and then come back and quickly trad the windows. Bobs yer fannny.

I use 25m of microbore connected straight to custys tap

Plenty of pressure when using small diameter hose

**** pressure from 12mm garden hose

I have connectors and hose to hook up to custy's tap, but there is a lack of pressure I find and you can't get as good a flow of water as your system gives you.
really!!! whenever i use a customers tap the pressure make my fan jets act like helicopter propellers , i sometimes run my pump at 99 & its never as strong as an outside tap

really!!! whenever i use a customers tap the pressure make my fan jets act like helicopter propellers , i sometimes run my pump at 99 & its never as strong as an outside tap
Maybe because I use pole hose connected to the tap?

Good idea Dave! Tap water it defo is, was gona pure it simply cos I'm gona use the pole, and hadn't even though of that!
Maybe because I use pole hose connected to the tap?
thats what i do, i have a hose lock thingy that my pole hose plugs into, maybe its the area or something, ive been known to do bad 1st cleans off the garden tap then rinse with pure

One thing I've just thought of,if u can make out the black gym signs on building.

Well these will be cleaned along with the white cladding shown, will tap water not leave stains?

Came up not too shabby I think. Added anti grease stuff to water, and loads of muck came off. Rinsed off with clear water.

Reckon the initial pic I showed of gym, must have been taken at opening time (i found it on google)

Back