Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Happy getting lighter for next 6 months day!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clocking up the winter solstice is alway a psychological victory for Me.
Getting My sun screen, shorts, sun hat and shades ready ?
Yeah a customer mentioned it today, for me it's the lack of daylight rather than the weather that is the biggest problem, I don't like mornings :LOL:

I don't change for winter, wear my shorts, trainers, cap, glasses and yes you guessed it... sun cream :LOL: I put it on every day all year round. They say to protect your skin you need to put it on right through winter. With the wind and harsh conditions it helps protect it and stops you going wrinkly.

Yeah a customer mentioned it today, for me it's the lack of daylight rather than the weather that is the biggest problem, I don't like mornings :LOL:

I don't change for winter, wear my shorts, trainers, cap, glasses and yes you guessed it... sun cream :LOL: I put it on every day all year round. They say to protect your skin you need to put it on right through winter. With the wind and harsh conditions it helps protect it and stops you going wrinkly.
yep daylight is the big thing for me but unlike you Ill give it a few months for the sunscreen ?

If I had done this years ago I wouldn't look so haggard now ? I prefer to grow old disgracefully, well I don't have much choice now do I

If I had done this years ago I wouldn't look so haggard now ? I prefer to grow old disgracefully, well I don't have much choice now do I
Yeah it definitely helps, I have a younger brother who people think we look very alike, however they always think he's older than me, he's 3 years younger.

Also had a new neighbour last year who I was sitting outside with and she didn't know how old I was and thought I was at least 10+ years younger than I was, she was really genuinely shocked and kept staring at me :LOL: It was the same with some of my customers who have asked how old I am, their jaws hit the floor and started texting other people about it ?

I realised years ago that to look younger when your older you have to protect your skin all the time as any damage was at the time irreversible. Today however some of the damage can actually be reversed. If you look at the anti aging creams that contain the ingredient 'retinol' it's actually the only product out there that is clinically proven to regenerate new skin cells and give your skin a younger look.

I had an acne cream from my teens that actually has retinol in it so I've been using a bit of that this year around the eyes and on the nose, it does make a subtle difference.

It's never too late to look after your skin though, it's deteriorating bit by bit year by year, using the creams slow down that deterioration.

It probably sounds vein, but it's not about wanting to look pretty, it's about looking after what I have. If I can look 10 years younger for the rest of my life I'll be happy with that.

Yeah it definitely helps, I have a younger brother who people think we look very alike, however they always think he's older than me, he's 3 years younger.

Also had a new neighbour last year who I was sitting outside with and she didn't know how old I was and thought I was at least 10+ years younger than I was, she was really genuinely shocked and kept staring at me :LOL: It was the same with some of my customers who have asked how old I am, their jaws hit the floor and started texting other people about it ?

I realised years ago that to look younger when your older you have to protect your skin all the time as any damage was at the time irreversible. Today however some of the damage can actually be reversed. If you look at the anti aging creams that contain the ingredient 'retinol' it's actually the only product out there that is clinically proven to regenerate new skin cells and give your skin a younger look.

I had an acne cream from my teens that actually has retinol in it so I've been using a bit of that this year around the eyes and on the nose, it does make a subtle difference.

It's never too late to look after your skin though, it's deteriorating bit by bit year by year, using the creams slow down that deterioration.

It probably sounds vein, but it's not about wanting to look pretty, it's about looking after what I have. If I can look 10 years younger for the rest of my life I'll be happy with that.
Don't wear any lotions, including sun cream in the UK and my skin is fine. Easiest way to avoid wrinkles is to get fat so the skin stretches and there's no wrinkles

I have customers who say I’ve just retired then say you have years to go yet. They don’t believe me when I say my age 64
Must be being outside yes do put sunscreen on not in the winter though.I might cut down in a few years but will carry on as long as I can

It’s weird
It may be solstice and we will gain 7 minutes roughly in the evening by New Year’s Day but also the way the earth orbits etc we actually still lose a little in the mornings for a few days so by the new year we actually only have about 1.5 minutes more daylight lol
Google it if you don’t believe me

I have customers who say I’ve just retired then say you have years to go yet. They don’t believe me when I say my age 64
Must be being outside yes do put sunscreen on not in the winter though.I might cut down in a few years but will carry on as long as I can
Never used sunscreen
I may suffer later on as am paddy blood and us and sun don’t mix lol

It’s weird
It may be solstice and we will gain 7 minutes roughly in the evening by New Year’s Day but also the way the earth orbits etc we actually still lose a little in the mornings for a few days so by the new year we actually only have about 1.5 minutes more daylight lol
Google it if you don’t believe me
Ye I always say even though the solstice is in December you don’t actually notice any real difference till the end of feb.

I never put on Suntan cream in UK or on holiday. Or when I lived in Australia for 6 years.

Most stuff has chemicals that will be causing some issues that people are oblivious to fabric softener has 200 chemicals in it to give it that smell that most people are obsessed with but to me, it's a horrible smell as with most of the widely sold household products and cosmetics etc all tested on animals, processed food, meat, alcohol all known to cause cancers the list will almost be endless

Most stuff has chemicals that will be causing some issues that people are oblivious to fabric softener has 200 chemicals in it to give it that smell that most people are obsessed with but to me, it's a horrible smell as with most of the widely sold household products and cosmetics etc all tested on animals, processed food, meat, alcohol all known to cause cancers the list will almost be endless
My cat swallowed some fabric softener, then curled up and died in his basket!

Still, least he died in comfort ?

Back