Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Harvested Rain water looks a little murky - OK to use?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cloudnine

Ive recently setup a rain water collection system.

It comes off the roof at about 14ppm

Ive just pumped it through a DI vessel at a pretty fast rate and it comes out at 2ppm (its run through an inline filter on the hose just before the DI and theres a filter in the pump too)

I filled some 25 l containers and they look a little murky and not crystal clear.

I poured some into a pint glass and it looks crystal clear.

Im slightly nervous about using it...  should i use it?

Ive just pumped it through a DI vessel at a pretty fast rate and it comes out at 2ppm (its run through an inline filter on the hose just before the DI and theres a filter in the pump too)

I filled some 25 l containers and they look a little murky and not crystal clear.

Give your windows a clean with it, 

Some of my rainwater comes our murkier than other times and I've had no problems. So long as tds is fine I wouldn't worry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back