Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have I found a bargain?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You want around 16 litres per minute minimum I'd say & that will give you 4000PSI

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Just checked & running a tap on full gives around 8 to 12 litres per minute depending on area.

So as said if tap gives 8 lpm then that's all your PW will give out so not running at maximum output so taking double the time to do said job..

image.png For what your wanting to do Brandon and on your budget theres not allot on offer I'm afraid to say. You could try and purchase a good second hand machine but that will be a gambling game or up your budget a bit. In my opinion you don't need a 15lpm to 21lpm machine for doing residential work and a FSC are not all that great as they don't get all the **** out from between the joints. You can get away with a 10lpm to 12lpm machine, you look at the gallons per minute and the psi when calculating cleaning power you X the gallons per minute with the psi gives you the CPU cleaning power units.

Yes it will take a bit longer with a lower lpm machine but not to the point where it's going to make much difference on the scheme of things. You need a turbo nozzle for sure, this is a must have,, you can clean everything with this and you won't get tiger stripes and it will blast all the crud away no probs.

You will be looking at a self priming pump that can run off mains or from a buffer tank. You are best running it from a buffer tank when operating as you will find different pressures at folks taps wherever you go. I have a 125litre clip top drum that's more than enough.

Have a look at Jetmac and have a read though their information part. I have just recently purchased a machine from them last week and hopefully get delivery tomorrow. It will do all residential work and cost me £465 delivered. If you can up your budget this is a machine woth your consideration

I have a Nilfisk Poseidon and its electric, run it of my gen. Very good machine not cheap Chinese parts. You can pick up a reconditioned unit for 400.

Brandon i own a simular clarkes petrol machie had it second hand as a backup machine- bought it to take from a tap the clarkes washer you posted can be easily adapted to take from water butt if you buy i can help you adapt to take from a tap i/e wheelie bin and for £250 seems ok money you can easily make your money square again-

lots of missguided/untrue info in this thread fairplay
Very true.

I'll also add, avoid all of the Wilks Pressure Washers, we bought a TX625i a couple of years ago as a backup unit, they state these stats:

• Maximum Pressure: 3950PSI (272Bar)
  • Continuous Pressure: 3000PSI (207Bar)

The Continuous Pressure at 3000PSI is poor and wildly optimistic, we'd say more like 2500psi.

You'll receive a quick burst of higher pressure (with a surface cleaner that means one very clean circle!) and then slow painful cleaning afterwards.

Ours has now been shoved in a corner and replaced with the Hyundai HYW4000P backup unit which makes all surface cleaning and turbo nozzle work a breeze.

When it comes to pressure washers you should push your budget, you can easily waste £500 on junk, but £1000-1200 will get you a quality machine that will have you working (and earning) twice as fast.

As Cristian says, use a buffer tank and top up from a tap as you work.

This post has been an eye opener to me, as the unit I have is indeed very entry level and perhaps not the best unit...and so thank you for some if the above information that is very helpful.

That is what the forum should be, supportive not just critical without input.

This post has been an eye opener to me, as the unit I have is indeed very entry level and perhaps not the best unit...and so thank you for some if the above information that is very helpful.
Amen to that sir [emoji16]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Brandon i own a simular clarkes petrol machie had it second hand as a backup machine- bought it to take from a tap the clarkes washer you posted can be easily adapted to take from water butt if you buy i can help you adapt to take from a tap i/e wheelie bin and for £250 seems ok money you can easily make your money square again-
Thanks mate. This one comes with a suction hose with filter for drawing from a butt[emoji1360]

hi chris i have the same machine as you i have owned it about 2 months and bought it with my eyes wide open as an entry level machine , it has earnt me around £2000 in that time and on saturday cut through around 20 years of dirt, moss and lichen upto a quarter of an inch thick with ease . i also bought that clarkes pw big brother last week and intend to bring that out on the bigger jobs

@bloxwich pressure clean glad To hear it's working for you. Mines is but then I have nothing to compare to and am brand new to this you see.

It's cut out a couple times off tap but I think I need to actual read the instructions 're where to have the dials set at. Not very technical am i!

@bloxwich pressure clean glad To hear it's working for you. Mines is but then I have nothing to compare to and am brand new to this you see.
It's cut out a couple times off tap but I think I need to actual read the instructions 're where to have the dials set at. Not very technical am i!
to be fair i started last october with a karcher and as with the window cleaning did lots of research on here , youtube and all the usual haunts and it seamed to tick all the boxes relating to output and more importantly limited budget .and was fully aware that i it only lasted 6 months it would be a stepping stone to a bigger machine . i echo your sentiments from yesterday that we all have to start somewhere and that we are not all millionaires who have the ability to make large withdrawals from the bank of bull dust :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Where is the commission!

Well @Alec thanks for the positive input and you may well be right, It can draw water so maybe I'll use a 200 odd litre bin for short term but to be honest it's only 12 lpm and tap pressure here does not seem awesome so it's more likely to be my error with the settings

Where is the commission! Well @Alec thanks for the positive input and you may well be right, It can draw water so maybe I'll use a 200 odd litre bin for short term but to be honest it's only 12 lpm and tap pressure here does not seem awesome so it's more likely to be my error with the settings
Tap water is between 8 & 12 litres I think depending on area. Like you it's all new to me, & ive learnt a lot through this forum & another. Kept seeing these wheelie bins & thinking WTF is that for lol. I get it now, it's so that to get the pressure washer working to maximum output. It's certainly not for me as seems a lot of bother, so I softwash everything..

image.jpeg Received my machine today from Jetmac, first impressions on build quality is excellent! Will be using it this week to see how it performs! :D

Back