Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have You Ever Had One Of Those Days Canvassing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gushysfella

Last night I thought I was going to be smashed up but turned out, to be a winner! Let me explain, Started out about 8am dropping leaflets then went back in the evening to knock on doors. All going well then it happened.........knocked on a door that was dusty. Looking at the bay window on front it hadn’t had a clean in god knows how long. Lady mid 40's opens door, hello she says. Hi I’m a window cleaner new to your area I said did you have time to look at my leaflet? Oh yes she says how much? I said looking at the dust on the sills, £6 front can I have a look at the back, come through she said. Walked through house into back garden again windows where filthy. £20 I said for the first clean then £15 each visit thereafter, lovely she said when can you start? As we walked back in through the back door I heard the front door close, followed by Hi hun I’m home. In walked a massive fella who looked me up and down then said who are you!?! Your new window cleaner I said and held out my hand. At this point I thought I was going to get a good kicking he just laughed and glared at me!

Looking for the quickest way out he said no worries how long you been trading? I’m new I said! About a month! Ok fella he said reason I found it funny is I’m a window cleaner.

Well I was flapping! He made us all a brew and explained he had gone over to Commercial 18 months ago and only has about 20 residential customers left on his books. Ended up he gave me all customers, was a long day but worth it!!!

He said he didn't clean his own windows because he kept getting asked by people in his street to door theres so leaves his van at his lock up!! So fingers crossed theres more to come?!! So What’s the worst thats happened while you’ve out with the leaflets? GF /emoticons/biggrin.png

Worst thing to happen to me delivering flyers was slipping on a bit of black ice hitting the dirt and sending 100s of flyers all over someone's garden lol

Back