Having a go at making a d.i.y water-fed trolley system...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by rjacandwc, Dec 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

Here is my effort at a D.I.Y Water-Fed Trolley System... Over the past year I have seen various videos and posts on You Tube and the WCF that have given tips on how to put a system together. I thought I'd have a go... I brought the items needed throughout the year. No more than £200 spent. I had a problem when wiring up the remote controller and nearly set fire to it. So, It is working with a Manual Tap only at the moment. I see on the internet that the Tap can automatically switch off the pump. Although, my pump still keeps going draining the battery. This is something I am trying to work on. Also I may need to purchase a flow controller. The water seems to go everywhere. Although, I have never done Water Fed work. So, it might just be me and not having the skill as yet!. Other than that all seems ok for now. I thought it important to share my negatives as building a trolley is a learning curve just like anything else. I intend to use it for conservatory roofs and one or two hard to reach houses. But. I like the concept of the trolley and if it is all put together properly I can see how this system could be of huge benefit to a Window Cleaner. Which shows I still need to add a few things to the system to make it a better performer...

Attached Files:

• gg.JPG
      gg.JPG
      File size:
      17.7 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Looks very smart. Well done.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Looks very nice, love the way it's allowed in the house :D

Regarding your pump not switching off, you might need to calibrate it.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Nice one mate
    Looks ideal

5. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

At some point I will need to give it a go and build something like that.well done

6. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Well done mate. have you got a cheap pro pump in there? as long as its fitted with pressure switch the pump should turn off as soon as you stop the flow.

7. rjacandwc

#7 rjacandwc, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    DC 12V 60W 3L/min Diaphragm High Pressure Water Pump Automatic Switch

This is the pump I am using jimmyboats. I have notice that I have a small leak. This may well be causing the problem. Will have a good look at all connection points tomorrow... Thank you all for comments...

Attached Files:

8. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

I'm pretty sure mate that pump doesn't have a pressure switch on it. I bought one of those once and there wasn't one on it..

9. rjacandwc

Can you post me a link via ebay jimmyboots. I am unsure as to which pump to get.

10. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Well done, great feeling putting a trolley together and it working. :thumbsup:

Advertisement