Health and safety policy?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Mr and Mrs window cleaner, Jun 9, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mr and Mrs window cleaner

Hi all,

We have a meeting with a commercial cleaning company who we might sub-contract for. We need to produce our health and safety policy for the meeting (we've only been running a year and we mainly do domestic cleans so haven't needed one yet).

Can I ask what people have put in theirs? Would anyone be happy to share theirs as an example?

Many thanks!

Jo

Advertisement
  2. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Google health and safety policy should be load of free templates.

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Do I feel safe doing it? yes then I do it.

Do I feel unsafe doing it? yes, probably still do it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. TolishAPurd

Yep head online for some examples and then modify them for yourself. Think of things like high viz, ladder work, signage, etc. Be careful not to make a rod for your own back. If I could change mine, I would add the words 'if necessary" many times over. That way you don't always have to stick to it. Hi viz for example. If there's no vehicles about, and I'm out in the open, then I don't want to be wearing it. And with signage, if no one is about, and I am the only key holder, do I really need signs where I work, or can I just put them at the front door just in case. Flexibility is a good thing.

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I wont share my H&S or RAMS cause to be honest if you just want to copy and paste mine then it shows you have given no real consideration to the task at hand and that makes us all look bad.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Quite. Remember:

Eliminate
    Reduce
    Isolate
    Control
    Ppe
    Discipline

And you'll be off to a good start.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i wouldnt waste your time [subbing] best to stick with the domestic ,youre "safe as houses " there

8. Mr and Mrs window cleaner

thanks everyone for your helpful answers!

Jo

9. DMD

DMD Member

Sorry its been bumped up but any decent sized company worth subbing to will pick holes in your plagiarised H&S documents.

Best to get a look at one or 2 and get the ideas behind it then make it specific to your company.

We sub some work out when we are too busy on builders cleans and one guy just handed me a print out and tipp ex'd the old company out lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement