Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello and a few questions...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CorradoStorm

Hello all, 

I am a long time reader and have gone through pages and pages of posts here gathering as much information as I can.

What a great resource this is!

My partner runs a cleaning company and has been Tradding windows for the past few years, turning down work that she can not reach from the ground. Windows were always an extra she did for some customers when they asked.

I suggested WFP a while back and she is making the leap.

I have a few questions that some of you may be able to help with...

1. On a first time clean, is it OK to use the same brush to tackle the frames and all the webs and dirt that might be stuck in the corners and between the frames and walls?

2. If the above is acceptable, how do you ensure you do not pull dust/concrete debris from the walls on to the glass?

As luck/fate would have it, I went on a cleaning job with her today and as we arrive there was 2 WFP lads cleaning the windows. I think some of you would refer to them as "Splash and Dash" merchants. This is how they left the windows and sills:

Cills and Frame 2.jpg

Cills and Frame 3.jpg

Cills and Frame.jpg

Shocking!!!!!! Looks like they've used next to no water, so no way they've rinsed, and don't get me started on the frames. People like that are the type that give us a poor reputation!!!

We have an assortment of brushes different brush for different jobs but generally with maintenance cleans you use your preferred brush from start to finish. 

Latest Posts

Back