Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello, small start-up in Scotland

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cheers mate, I am working from my car just like you, I think with canvassing a lot of it is just luck on the areas you pick and catching people when they are in.

I went with the Gardiner backpack and the Gardiner CLX 22, very pleased with them.

Good man. Them other bits of tat you can buy on ebay will never be as good. When you get chance, buy the extra section to up your pole to a CLX-27. It'll give you just them extra few feet that'll let you get 2nd floor windows on taller properties - which obviously helps you take on more work. 

Thanks, nice one ? 24 customers is great in 3 weeks, 10 is my current mini-goal ?
1 customer a day is achievable quite easily as an average if you push with marketing and knocking doors, if you got one a day you would have close to 200 by the end of the year 

Nice set up,I think I will buy the same,so how you purifying your water.

I'm using an 11L DI resin vessel.  My ppm is around 80 so that's sufficient.

Once the first DI's resin starts to go off, I'm planning to get another one and change to a 2 DI set up.  This is to try and make it a bit more cost effective as the resin is expensive.  This way the knackered resin in one of the DI's can always still soften the water up for the good one for a bit ?

If you live in a hard water area you might need a basic RO system.

I'm using an 11L DI resin vessel.  My ppm is around 80 so that's sufficient.

Once the first DI's resin starts to go off, I'm planning to get another one and change to a 2 DI set up.  This is to try and make it a bit more cost effective as the resin is expensive.  This way the knackered resin in one of the DI's can always still soften the water up for the good one for a bit ?

If you live in a hard water area you might need a basic RO system.
Davit

Thanks for the info.

I need to find out what water my area has.

Davit

Thanks for the info.

I need to find out what water my area has.

No worries, rough idea for you in the pic in this link here: 
aaawater.png

No worries, rough idea for you in the pic in this link here: 
Hey mate

Thanks for helping me..

I'm searching now to buy the equipment..

I'm not sure if I will buy a trolley or a backpack..

And then I'm not sure if I buy a di vessel or I will buy the pure water from a company who sells.(0.03 pence per little)

Too many questions, i have a long road ahead..

Thanks 

I started my window cleaning business over 7 years ago. I had a marketing company/corporate clothing stationary business and also running a wedding photography business too. A lot of pressure and hassle and decided enough was enough. I wasn't sure what to do next - someone told me that a local company was looking for help with window cleaning. It was the summer time and I thought why not. I could do that while I decide what I'm going to do next. My other business was becoming so competieve that the margins were becoming less and less..... window cleaning seemed to be a lot more lucrative! Here I am still and now and have a great customer base and actually enjoy what I do and look forward to the day ahead when I get up in the mornings. Good luck with your new venture and enjoy the window cleaning world!

I started my window cleaning business over 7 years ago. I had a marketing company/corporate clothing stationary business and also running a wedding photography business too. A lot of pressure and hassle and decided enough was enough. I wasn't sure what to do next - someone told me that a local company was looking for help with window cleaning. It was the summer time and I thought why not. I could do that while I decide what I'm going to do next. My other business was becoming so competieve that the margins were becoming less and less..... window cleaning seemed to be a lot more lucrative! Here I am still and now and have a great customer base and actually enjoy what I do and look forward to the day ahead when I get up in the mornings. Good luck with your new venture and enjoy the window cleaning world!
Thanks mumps,

I'm thinking to do the same as you did,find a window cleaner to take me for a few days,to see if I like it..

Back