Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

none twist wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

j4star.f

hi guys I have working for a couple of years using wfp but often have problems clamps wearing out very quickly causing the brush twisting does anyone know if there is a none twist pole available I am sure the guy I worked for had one but we no longer speak

Your pole clamps are twist clamps!? I can't say I've ever even seen a twist clamp? You mean like the old painter poles from B&Q?

hi guys I have working for a couple of years using wfp but often have problems clamps wearing out very quickly causing the brush twisting does anyone know if there is a none twist pole available I am sure the guy I worked for had one but we no longer speak
Years ago there was a company supplying a telescopic fibreglass pole the had a ridge running done the length of the pole on each section. I can't remember who the supplier was. I though it a brilliant idea at the time but dismissed it due to it being a fibreglass pole.

We use carbonfibre poles now. You don't say what poles you are using but son in law, who doesn't treat his pole with respect ( no cleaning done or regular maintenance,) experienced the same problem on the first clamp when the pole is in the closed position. A wear groove had developed at this point. Building it up with about five layers of Gunk clear engine lacquer, leaving the laquer to dry between coats, did the trick.

cheers I will try that, im using the phoenix pole used it 18 month and now on second set of clamps which im disappointed with as I only work 3 days a week.

A few weeks ago i came across a clamp that had nothing to do with wfp but they way it worked it was impossible to twist the pole once clamped! the clamp worked perfect no twisting at any height and there was plenty of room for adjustment, the only wearing part on the clamp is easy replaced! only one part needs to be replaced not the whole clamp!

I second the the lacquer technique, but not totally fallible.

I cant understand why no one has manufactured an oval shaped pole..........Alex??? To be fair your poles don't spin though lol

Ok......facelift......sort the oval pole please :laugh:

Back