Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help. Which pole to buy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dan fod

Hi guys, I’m new here and new think wfp as well I’ve bought some second hand kit to get me going.

I currently have a 22foot hybrid gardiner pole, but want a slightly bigger ones for taller houses and am looking at gardiner slx, or facelift phantom , I was thinking 27 or 30 foot but a guy at facelift reckons that’s a waste of time I should go for 35 foot?? Please help

Hi guys, I’m new here and new think wfp as well I’ve bought some second hand kit to get me going.

I currently have a 22foot hybrid gardiner pole, but want a slightly bigger ones for taller houses and am looking at gardiner slx, or facelift phantom , I was thinking 27 or 30 foot but a guy at facelift reckons that’s a waste of time I should go for 35 foot?? Please help
I use a Gardiner slx 25 and that reaches most three story windows for me and I'm relatively short, I've also done gutters and fascias with it. I dread to think how big a house must be to warrant needing a 35ft pole??? Sounds like he was trying to take your money 

35' would get 4 floors but some skylights would need a 35' A 25' would get most modern 3 floor townhouses but wouldn't get near to a large Victorian house. Basically if your customer base is mainly modern a 25 would do, have a look at the SLX 25 and the extension pack to make it into a 35 if required. These will allow you to work with the correct length pole for the majority of your work with the flexibility to go higher when needed. We use Xtreme's but have the extensions to go with them and doubt we'd ever go without them. 

I currently have a 22foot hybrid gardiner pole, but want a slightly bigger ones for taller houses and am looking at gardiner slx, or facelift phantom , I was thinking 27 or 30 foot but a guy at facelift reckons that’s a waste of time I should go for 35 foot?? Please 
Get a CLX30 or Ova8 

Thank you so much guys,

I even told the guy that not much of my current customer base( not that I have many lol) is larger than a modern 3 storey town house, think he was trying a bit of unnecessary upselling to a newbie!! 

really appreciate it!!!

One thing to be aware of is a SLX27 has a shorted collapsed length compared to a SLX25!! The SLX 27 has an extra section to reduce the length, so it's base pole is thicker than the SLX25.

I have a SLX27 and I can just reach Victorian 3 story building dormers but it is a stretch. I also have a couple of windows above Connys and extensions that need the full 27ft to reach but that is quite a strain on me, on occasions when rinsing I can see my arms shaking ? .

Personally if you have a Gardiner 22ft pole I would stick to Gardiner as swapping brushes is simpler plus you have spares from 1 pole to keep the other going if necessary till new bits arrive.

I have phantom 25ft and I can reach flats on the third floor.  You would be walking about like pope eye I'd imagine having to use a 35ft pole for everyday use.

I would say an SL-X35, that would cover your current need and give the ability to take higher work if it comes your way.

My current arsenal is a CL-X4, an Extreme 18. An old SL-X of about 23' and an Extreme 35.

One of my poles is the super max 27. A 27 ft pole has a slightly shorter closed length compared to a 25 ft pole, which I prefer. My 27 can clean dormer windows in roofs in most houses. 
I only have to put a extra extension on for 2 jobs to clean skylights.

Id go 27 ft over 25. Slx or super max if you can afford it. 

Back