Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with a large quote (retirement flats)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How are you gonna service it dude? I assume you would have someone drop the water to you? Just thinking of your set up is all.

With regards to the gutter vac, if you don't wanna invest in one straight away I could help you out. I'm just under an hours drive away, I've got a gutter vac and I'd do the gutters for £320 (The £20 is for diesel) anything else you charge would be all yours if you wanna sub it out until you're ready to invest in one.

£27 for a day van hire. My missus will help me out and drive me over! Or brother if she’s indisposed!

But thanks for the offer!

As for the gutter vac. Thanks for the offer. Would most likely use the overdraft or credit card to get one. Would pay for itself in no time at all!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
No worries man, you can buy one for circa £500. I got one from this guy....

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk

The vac is basic but works well, his service was less than desirable but the price on them is good.

Offers always there for the gutters if you decide not to buy one though dude.... only to help with the gutters though, not tryna muscle in on your work mind. A vac is a worthy investment though! I imagine they won't need the gutters doing for the first 6 months anyway, if you get the contract then you would probably be able to buy one long before you need it.

No worries man, you can buy one for circa £500. I got one from this guy....

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk
The vac is basic but works well, his service was less than desirable but the price on them is good.

Offers always there for the gutters if you decide not to buy one though dude.... only to help with the gutters though, not tryna muscle in on your work mind. A vac is a worthy investment though! I imagine they won't need the gutters doing for the first 6 months anyway, if you get the contract then you would probably be able to buy one long before you need it.

Thanks mate. Very much appreciated! Will give it a shot, it’s a long shot to make it worth it though. But we will see!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You're talking as if you have decided you actually want the job already in the first half of the post and in the second half you're planning as if you already have the deal. 

Its a new build. Gutters wont need doing for a year so loads of time to save for a vac. 

As for the windows, quote £50 and throw in the insides on the house to make sure you get it!   ?

Got the point?   Is it a job you even want? Thats the first question. 

Second question is have you got the right kit to do the job? 

Third question, are you happy to wait a month to get paid? Often places like this only do one pay run per month. 

Lastly - could you be elsewhere making better money for less agro? 

If you live by the credo of 'I'm going in at £xx to make sure I get the job' then you can carry on being a busy fool.  

Pricing to win work is toxic to any growing business.  Pricing at your hourly rate or job price is the only way to go and to grow. 

For me it would be job price.  Say 20 apartments, awkard access? Through properties to access the balconies etc?  £15 per apartment so that's £300. Communal areas at hourly rate. So say we can do all communal areas in an hour £40.  There's your answer. £340.  

Asking a bunch of random people what theyd charge across the country is pointless. Nothing to with the imaginary north south nonsense.. just because everyone will give a different answer.  

Posting cause it's a humble brag 'look at what i been asked to quote ' is a different matter and who doesnt like to show off once in a blue moon? 

Posting 'Ive got to quote this lads, can you see any pit falls and what do I need to consider when calculating the time and cost' will get a more helpful response and maybee point out some things you hadnt thought of. 

As for 'I seen what this company charges for service charge'  so what?  I seen what my mechanic charges for an MOT I still clean his house for the same price I would any other that size.  

What a company charges or makes is of no relevance whatsoever. If it was we'd have to ask to see last years tax return to submit a quote.

Should we charge more to Waitrose that we do to Aldi cause their beans cost more?  Dont be daft!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the company is runs their home anything like the home my wife works in then as mentioned they will be sown up already a firm from Leeds drives up here to clean 6-7 homes for the same company and all downstairs windows have to tradded.

County Durham Lad

To be fair I’m looking around 400 anyway. I am curious what you all think about cleaning the gutters though and a pricing for that once maybe twice a year!

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums
The gutters will only need doing once a year. For clearing them out I would be a minimum of £500. I would however advise to get a camera to have a look inside to make sure you can get the vac in and they haven't got support straps every metre or so. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking random people across the country for quotes on a job actually works. If you take all the prices then you get the 3 prices we are looking for. Cheap, optimum and expensive. They did the same on Horizon by asking hundreds of people how many marbles were in a jar just by looking at it. Then they took all the numbers and divided it by the number of participants and the number they got was only 2 marbles away from what was in the jar. I think they call it the law of large numbers. That's how I get my prices on this forum. Collect all the figures and then look for the optimum figure and one wont be far off. :1f609:  

Asking random people across the country for quotes on a job actually works. If you take all the prices then you get the 3 prices we are looking for. Cheap, optimum and expensive. They did the same on Horizon by asking hundreds of people how many marbles were in a jar just by looking at it. Then they took all the numbers and divided it by the number of participants and the number they got was only 2 marbles away from what was in the jar. I think they call it the law of large numbers. That's how I get my prices on this forum. Collect all the figures and then look for the optimum figure and one wont be far off. :1f609:  
I bet I drop the average ?

Back