Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook promoting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bhj1

I have been thinking about Facebook competitions. Like and share or that kind of thing. How do you guys do them? How do you word your posts? How do you pick the winner? How do you make sure somebody 100 miles away doesn't expect a free clean????

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

A you don't offer a free clean offer chocolate or something B you pick by useing a random number you can google one of them

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Why not a free clean? Or somthing cleaning related? And thanks don't understand a random number?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It's called a random number generater it picks a random number for you that number share would win if you don't want to do a clean miles away offer something else at least you can post it

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

A friend who works in the whole online marketing arena pointed out to me that it's against Facebook terms and conditions to run competitions for 'likes'. Didn't check it out, not that bothered going down that route anyway. As Green says, it's just going to attract bludgers, not who you want liking your page really.

More interested in learning about paid marketing on facebook but everytime I sit down to learn about it, I get bogged down. Landing pages and funnels, pixels and what not, it's probably not all that hard but the mind wanders after a while. Has anyone found a basic video or someone who's written a decent book on the topic?

Yeah loads of people even bigger companies do the whole like and share thing but it is against their rules and will remove if reported or spoted.

Facebook advertising is good if you do it right. Can be easy to get bogged down in it all like you say but no need to. Setup an ad target the area etc is the basics.

If you get a first clean that is minging take a before and after pic and use that in your ad as they say a picture paints a thousand words and all that.

Offering incentives etc just doesn't work don't undersell yourself make yourself standout above the rest in your area !!!

I spoke to someone who offered a free window clean for every paid referral. One old dear got almost 6 months of free cleans such was the amount of referrals she offered the company.

Subsequently, I think for add ons a sharing status' comp could be a worthwhile fb advert,offering a free gutter clean to the winner. But in reality you would want to set some rules here ie no good if only ten shares...you'd get zero paid work from that.

Latest Posts

Back