Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Ordered A Brodex Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Not sure if it a good thing or a bad thing but I've just ordered a 36' alloy Brodex pole today. I've read a lot of bad things about Brodex but I need a longer pole for a few jobs I have but I don't want to spend a fortune for something that will only see light of day 3 or 4 times a month, so I oppted for this at a grand total inc p+p of £135.76

Has anyone got one or uesd one? and is it worth the money or a waste of money?

i've also heard a lot of things about these, but like you say its only for a few times so weight isnt really an issue, when i first started out i have a unger 32 foot alloy pole, god that was heavy to use for the day, but it was only for one day every 3 months, so why spend a lot when you dont use it!!

just got a GXTEL 40ft for a few jobs, was only £199, after a few jobs it will pay for it self!!

i've also heard a lot of things about these, but like you say its only for a few times so weight isnt really an issue, when i first started out i have a unger 32 foot alloy pole, god that was heavy to use for the day, but it was only for one day every 3 months, so why spend a lot when you dont use it!!

just got a GXTEL 40ft for a few jobs, was only £199, after a few jobs it will pay for it self!!
As you say, only used for a few jobs, so save the money.Do you use your Harris setup for the day to day cleans then?

yer now its set up thats all i tend to use really, its lighter than the unger 18ft pole i got and its the same length!

Where did you get the xtel for £199? I was considering a brodex 36' as it was cheap as I have 6 new houses I haven't done yet cos my 27' won't reach. Was considering standing on top of the van this time round then get a pole for next time

Where did you get the xtel for ?199? I was considering a brodex 36' as it was cheap as I have 6 new houses I haven't done yet cos my 27' won't reach. Was considering standing on top of the van this time round then get a pole for next time
photo's please when you do that

knoxy for `what you want that pole is fine, i had a 31ft but i was trying to use it for everything , one thing i'd change though is the hose & dont try doing the bottoms ,like i did

the GXTEL poles are **** .

I used 1 for 1 day and the top section snapped , now bare in mind im trad so i was only using the pole for washing doors down so id say maximum use

3 hrs if that . and the thing snapped split in 3 parts in the top section .

the GXTEL poles are **** .

I used 1 for 1 day and the top section snapped , now bare in mind im trad so i was only using the pole for washing doors down so id say maximum use

3 hrs if that . and the thing snapped split in 3 parts in the top section .
must of had a faulty one there then!! i use my 42ft and not had a problem with it,

Gardiners all the way ?
yer i do agree, but for one job that you do once every 3 months, i cant justify spending just over £1200 for a pole when i can get a pole for £199 that dose the same job!!!

I have the same one mate, not a bad pole really it cleans and dies the job fir what I need, it's pretty heavy but manageable, ive no problem with it at all to date so was worth the price

I have a Brodex pole which I use for cleaning cladding / car ports / industrial buildings etc I only use it because it was cheap / has a wide brush on it that's perfect for those type of jobs and it's indestructible /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have never used it to clean windows as it weighs a ton and after using it it feels like I've been in the ring with giant haystacks lol

Well my pole has arrived, bloody hell its a ton weight when its fully extended. When I ordered the pole, on the website it says it comes with a lightweight brushead? well that never turned up!!!! I also ordered the commercial crank but they sent me a 6" goose neck!!!!! called them today only to listen to a recording saying there is no one available to take your call???? at 3pm thier having a laugh!!

Back