Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CCS

Hi

I’ve recently started my window cleaning business and im using a backpack and I have a CLX22. Been doing lots of research on here and you guys have helped massively.

Im in the process of building my round and I’ve had a customer ask for a quote on a 3 storey town house (ground,first,second floor)The highest I’ve done so far is just a normal 2 storey house.

I’ve tried researching on here and online but have read different things.

Will my CLX22 be long enough? If not what would you recommend? Clx27? Extension?

Would love a lighter pole but money is a bit tight atm ao think the clx would be my only option.

Thanks

Hi. I used to use a cls 27. Was rare I couldn't reach windows. Even 3 story over conservatory's we doable.

Now I have a cls 22 much liter and quicker to use for me than the 27.

I can even reach 3 story windows with it, I just have to get closer.

So my advice would be to go to the house and extend see what it's like.

However having only a 22 will limit you. There are several times I have to swap to a bigger pole for some jobs, often reaching windows over big conservatorys or velux window.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks.

So if i got an extension for my 22 then hopefully I should be good for most jobs? Then I could take the extension off when not needed to save weight?

Yes you could, but in order to use the extension you will need to remove the base camp of your current pole. Also if you use tubless setup it can mess with the distance between the Inside cuplor.

But other than that it would work

Thanks.

So if i got an extension for my 22 then hopefully I should be good for most jobs? Then I could take the extension off when not needed to save weight?
If you are only needing your extension every now and then it would probably be faster to keep taking it off. Otherwise it may end up costing you time constantly swapping over.

If your not using a tubless setup and want to go tubless you could always @Skxawng he generally looks for testers for different situation and swap an extension on and off your pole may constitute something he would be interested in testing.

Hi

I’ve recently started my window cleaning business and im using a backpack and I have a CLX22. Been doing lots of research on here and you guys have helped massively.

Im in the process of building my round and I’ve had a customer ask for a quote on a 3 storey town house (ground,first,second floor)The highest I’ve done so far is just a normal 2 storey house.

I’ve tried researching on here and online but have read different things.

Will my CLX22 be long enough? If not what would you recommend? Clx27? Extension?

Would love a lighter pole but money is a bit tight atm ao think the clx would be my only option.

Thanks
It depends on the surrounding, and the floor height as well. I have townhouses, where 35ft pole is JUST enough. These are with large, grilled old windows, and tall ceilings. Other customers have attic windows on old victorian houses (facing the street), where I have to overcome the gutter, therefore the angle increases the distance... You need to try the limits of your pole anyway.
On the other side, if you fail, and your budget is limited, do not rush. There is plenty of houses with a first floor only, on which you can definitely build up your business ;)

A modern townhouse you may reach quite easily, but far better to buy an extension and you'll be fine, I have some old houses with high ceilings as mentioned before these have dormer windows which I don't do as it would mean using a 45ft pole and standing in the middle of a busy road, not a chance even for just one window

Thanks guys. I ordered one extension section for my clx22 which came today and I think it should be fine. Doesn't seem too much heavier either so may just keep it on permanently.

Back