Highest Tds?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Joe, Sep 23, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

What would be the highest tds you could get away with if you used dual DI vessels?

Not in a position to have RO and static system, nor in a position where I can leave RO running for Hours, so RO is out of the question.

Im thinking using two 25L DI vessels & then if needs be a further 11L inbetween tank & hose.

Just wondering as that looks to be my only realistic option, but got a feeling my Tds is between 250-350- would i get away with two/three DI's?

Thanks as always :)

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Depends how much water you need to use ?

My tds is 247 ish and I'm running 2 11 litre di's each time I fill up I use around 120 litres
    Since I have started I have used around 1200 litres and not yet changed my resin it has now started to creep this week
    It is now at 003ppm .

So it just depends on usage tbh .

3. Posh

Posh Hero

My waters 276 & I get away with 2 4.5 litre di's but then I only use about 150 litres a month.

4. Joe

Joe Active Member

About 400l a week at moment mate, once full time id imagine around 2000L.

I appreciate its gonna cost a fair bit in resin, but its still gotta be cheaper than paying for water everytime!

5. Joe

Joe Active Member

Got Tds meter coming soon, is there a way of working out what each vessel will bring water down to?

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

Mine went up to 30 ppm the other quick shake of the di vessel and back down to 12 ppm :( its always going to be cheaper to make your own pure water

7. All Round Cleaning

I would say 2 di vessels would be good so you would get say 3 weeks worth of water
    From the first 2 fills of vessels then when it rises change the resin in the first then put the first vessel in the place of the second
    And you should in theory get another 3 weeks use .

So depends how much you are paying for water at the moment as to wether or not it's worth it financially .

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

Think if your TDS is higher than 100 ppm you be better off using a R/O system bit slower and you need a holding tank

9. All Round Cleaning

But the thing is if it's easier and quicker with just DI it's better to use just DI as the saving on the cost of buying the water alone
    Will probably pay for the resin .

10. Joe

Joe Active Member

Not to mention the diesel wasted and the hour lost chatting to other windy. Dont think its right personally to waste the amount of water as an ro system does, so even if i had the space.

Arc is that 3 weeks i.e 1200L or 3 weeks aka 6000l?

Advertisement