Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water and waterworks 3D reels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well I had a phone call first thing this morning from Emma at waterworks , she said they know they have a problem with the 3D reels and hot water they are altering the centre spindle design and they are going to replace all my reels that are damaged with new ones ,and have asked me to do a long term test for them  with the new reels , you cannot ask for  more than that they have been honest and admitted there is a fault so they get the thumbs up from me for that , it is going to take 2-3 weeks to get the replacement reels . 

Well I had a phone call first thing this morning from Emma at waterworks , she said they know they have a problem with the 3D reels and hot water they are altering the centre spindle design and they are going to replace all my reels that are damaged with new ones ,and have asked me to do a long term test for them  with the new reels , you cannot ask for  more than that they have been honest and admitted there is a fault so they get the thumbs up from me for that , it is going to take 2-3 weeks to get the replacement reels . 
That level of customer service is rarely seen, exceptional. I wonder if they’re planning to do anything about everyone else’s reels. I was contemplating doing a hot water upgrade like squeaky clean Dave but have the 3D reel myself. That’s enough to dissuade me 

That level of customer service is rarely seen, exceptional. I wonder if they’re planning to do anything about everyone else’s reels. I was contemplating doing a hot water upgrade like squeaky clean Dave but have the 3D reel myself. That’s enough to dissuade me 
The reels are ok I think once they replace the centre spindle they will be ok , so far no one with cold on hear has commented so I assume they are ok ????

The reels are ok I think once they replace the centre spindle they will be ok , so far no one with cold on hear has commented so I assume they are ok ????
That’s my cue! 
Checked mine today, couldn’t see any issues. Like @ksp said, though, I would like to find out there plan for us who may end up upgrading. Will they honour replacements even after warranty period or will we need to contact them now. And what about those that aren’t on the forums.

Great they called you first thing mind and arranged to get it sorted! 

0D0E1D21-583C-4754-95B7-FE985BB553EE.jpeg5657ECC1-B3C1-4DDF-A91E-710AE4F05D26.jpegF6BF01BD-363F-46EC-BA01-B5FA22E03ABA.jpegB1C9D15C-8B93-44EC-B577-1A5413ECB832.jpeg

That’s my cue! 
Checked mine today, couldn’t see any issues. Like @ksp said, though, I would like to find out there plan for us who may end up upgrading. Will they honour replacements even after warranty period or will we need to contact them now. And what about those that aren’t on the forums.

View attachment 22714View attachment 22713View attachment 22715View attachment 22716
It looks like you do have a very slight curve on the center of the drum. It could be the camera lens but might be worth checking with a steel ruler.

It looks like you do have a very slight curve on the center of the drum. It could be the camera lens but might be worth checking with a steel ruler.
Good spot, though I thought that was more of a imperfect cut out rather than a defection? Unfortunately it was fitted my Ionics so I couldn’t tell you what it looked like out the box.  I’ll defo check it out though. 

That’s my cue! 

View attachment 22714View attachment 22713View attachment 22715View attachment 22716
To be honest, I haven’t looked at mine, but yours does seem to have compressed in the centre slightly. If that was a letter box, I’d complain. 

I’ll take a look at my own tomorrow. 

If you have waterworks 3 D reels and use hot water ,check  that the centre spindel is ok , having just taken all the hose off my two reels mine are both crushed and one is split quite badly, I was totally unaware of this until I took all the hose off the reels , I have emailed Jordan and an awaiting a response , but now don’t think they are suitable for hot water mine are well under a year old . 

View attachment 22696

View attachment 22697

View attachment 22698

View attachment 22699
You need cold water to keep them cool ? 

That’s my cue! 

It looks like the charged weight of the hot hose has interrupted the themro set dynamics of the centre spindles barrel. Is it ABS or High Density polyethylene?

One thing I have noticed since swapping from the plastic 3D reels to stainless steel reels is the water isn't as hot , I think the plastic reels act as an insulator , and the metal ones act as a radiator , this will start some interesting comments ??? but it’s definitely not as hot .

One thing I have noticed since swapping from the plastic 3D reels to stainless steel reels is the water isn't as hot , I think the plastic reels act as an insulator , and the metal ones act as a radiator , this will start some interesting comments ??? but it’s definitely not as hot .
So your saying after all that it was a feature, not a flaw! ?

They are Mickey mouse reels compared to the pure freedom reelmasters....not even in the same ballpark.....itll be interesting to see if your reels are still going strong after 2 or 3 years of abuse.....I doubt it.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back