Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water and waterworks 3D reels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well I had a phone call first thing this morning from Emma at waterworks , she said they know they have a problem with the 3D reels and hot water they are altering the centre spindle design and they are going to replace all my reels that are damaged with new ones ,and have asked me to do a long term test for them  with the new reels , you cannot ask for  more than that they have been honest and admitted there is a fault so they get the thumbs up from me for that , it is going to take 2-3 weeks to get the replacement reels . 
What a great response and invaluable customer support backed by honesty ? ? ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's down to a design flaw, thermodynamics of the plastic hasn't been taken into account, with the temp of the water and the insulated/heating of being wrapped in 100m has been enough to soft the plastic allowing it to collapse over time. This part should always be steel or at least aluminium. 

And why such a large cut out? No support whatsoever there, I understand the premise is to allow for hose changes etc but should be supplied with an insert to close it back up and provide support, but with regards to the heat I don't think this would help much against the plastic warping over time. 

Latest Posts

Back