How Do You Clean These Windows - Traditionally Thx

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by sdrah, Feb 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

Hi - as I mentioned in other topics - I am quite new to window cleaning - especially to tricky windows like this http://postimage.org/image/rtonz5osl/

How on earth do you clean them - if you don't have a WFP ?

how do you squeegee it .

I just had a call - to give a quote - for 11 windows and 2 doors at that property and not sure what to do ...

regards s

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

scrim the windows with one damp cloth and then use a dry scrim to buff it up ,microfiber cloths also work very well on jobs like this

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

I used to use a terry weave micro fibre (damp or wet the window with mop wipe most of soap off), then a lint free flat weave micro fibre to buff up.

4. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Quote it at £20 because leaded windows are a pain in the ass without wfp and it will take you ages. Best way is as others have said, wet cloth then dry cloth it. If they arent very bad though you might get away with just dry scrimming it.

5. David Taylor

Also beware of loose lead, go steady the first time or you could be blamed for the damage that most probably was already there.

6. sdrah

sdrah Guest

thanks a lot

I may price it about £17 as very soon I 'll get my Ro unit connected and from next time it will be wfp

In fact I've got everything to go wfp , a gardiner sl-x : P , pump etc - however the ro/di (a 250 GPD) unit it's a nightmare - the flow is very slow - about a glass per 3 min , And I have no idea why ... the waste pipe runs perfectly - however the blue pipe (pure water) is just dripping ... the garden tap pressure is also strong ... it might be cos of the needle valve which connects the the unit to the garden hose ?!

7. David Taylor

Once you have a bit of money, spend some on a 40 inch membrane and housing, you`ll never worry about not being able to produce enough pure water again.....

8. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Do you have a flow restrictor on the waste pipe? Otherwise I think it is just in 'flush' mode permanently

9. sdrah

sdrah Guest

is a kind of valve - which I can turn it off / on ever way water runs (slightly different flow)

10. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Advertisement