Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How low do you go?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You need to target every house not just big ones

No prices on flyers

Once you're there and you explain the frames and sills etc are washed every time and you can reach the one above the conny that they assume you can't as tere old guy never did it etc your higher price seems more justified to them

Tbh 5 quid increments isn't any good as you may get it for 13 and still get a good days pay but they may see 15 as too much

It's all a mind game as to them 13 and 15 seems different as they think " not bad for under 15 but also maybthink 15 that's a bit steep

Same as the shops with 9.99 rather than £10

No difference except psychological

Seems I have the highest minimum around here - well at least I won't be getting any other windies moaning at me for undercutting them! /emoticons/biggrin.png And there are a LOT of windies around here! :rolleyes:

So as I have broken rule #1 it seems and put my prices on my leaflets, can I still put a 'from £15' ? I do write on them I clean frames and sills etc. And I have my prices on my website and have seen lots of other sites with prices on. Shame because I just ordered another 5,000 leaflets last month and still have 4,000 left with my prices all over them, doh! :laugh:

What a bummer bump,

You probably need to make some leaflets without prices, much easier to get customers when quoting in person, there more likely to say yes,

If price is on leaflet, then they'll just say 'that's too much' and chuck it in the bin unfortuantly...

Yeaaah £150 quids worth of leaflets there lol. I can cut the price section off but will lose the 'sales pitch' of how fantastic my window cleaning service is too lol. Maybe I'll try cutting some off and do a few streets without and see how they compare... Not tonight though as I'm leafletting a nice area who won't care about price - well they shouldn't anywhere in their mansions haha

Green I thought you would have a higher minimum of all people :eek: And diwrnach too its the cotswolds, thought they only dealt in fifties there /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah don't waste them, just cut that bit off neatly, hopefully that will really help!

Other than that, try getting your website on top spot...

Dude I wish I could get better web rankings but there are, and I'm not exaggerating, literally HUNDREDS of windies around here lol. So getting to top spot will either cost me an arm and a leg or a leg and an arm /emoticons/biggrin.png

Jake £15 might be a bit steep for smaller properties your right, although not really leafletted any of them yet, not a single semi or anything. Don't want to start negotiating though lol, £15 is fine, if they say £13 I'll be like naaah lol
Beggars can't be choosers when you ain't got enough work. You haven't got enough work but will turn a job down if they knock you down for 2 quid :rolleyes:

I'm the same as @Beccy, I have some priced at £4, a run of 6 fronts only which takes 15 minutes or so. Do the maths! Now if I were to say my minimum charge is £15 I won't have that £24 every month will I. A ball park minimum charge doesn't work IMO unless you are prepared to turn work away.

£10 on an average semi, but if its a mid terrace i do for £8 as theres no side windows, but minimum price is £4 when its front only on a mid terraced house, im talking ex council style, not bay windows or anything.

Seems to me it's a balancing act,

What's worth more, 100 x £4 front of houses/shops next to each other with customers who pay on time and pleasant to deal with or 50 x £10 houses miles from each other with difficult customers, harder access. I'd take the first, for the added value of working conditions over hard finance.

BUT I'm ending up with the latter type as I think it's hard to build a round like the first one unless the old cleaners give up the area/unexploited

I agree Jimroot

My favorite part of my round has £3 fronts still on it, tiny little houses though, ive got several £10 plus in the road as some are bigger.

I initially you wouldnt want to drive somewhere set up and clean a £3 front and then get bk in the car but when there are all next to each other as u illustrated its more than worthwhile.

I'm fortunate tuffers as I'm not a beggar /emoticons/wink.png I have other work to keep me going until I'm built up, but I could do with building my round up a bit quicker of course... Ok a lot quicker, but yeah I'd say no, I'd rather do it for £10 than £13, easier for my accounting lol plus I like standard prices, not where mr jones is paying £13 and down the road mrs smith is paying £15, all pay the same for type of house.

100 houses in a row at a fiver is great, but you need loads signed up at the same time to make it worthwhile and to sign up to gocardless etc, if you only get a few your stuck with silly little work. I see what your saying though, good to aim for it thats your market. I am inately slow though, at everything not just window cleaning lol, so aiming to bash out 10 house fronts in an hour will never happen, 1 an hour is more realistic, maybe 2 if next door and I don't need to use the van, but that won't happen too often and even then it'll be a push. So I can't go too low on pricing /emoticons/biggrin.png

I think it's hard for sure getting condensed work. I think like your area bump, mine is riddled with windies. Despite liking the fronts mass/cheaper model I'm forced to the other. Half the ones I've got have wanted me for my pole /emoticons/biggrin.png

Wfp of course, they don't like/can't be done off ladder

As the title says, whats your minimum charge (for a residential property) and where abouts are you based?
I'm not wondering what I can get away with, more whether I am too expensive in general on your average house /emoticons/wink.png

I'll start, my minimum charge is £15 and I'm from the south coast :thumbsup:
I think next year it's minimum £10 - got a few £7 and £8s but if they go so be it

Yeah I'm pretty sure every single plain unsignwritten van is a windie round here! :rolleyes: And I too get their leftovers it seems lol, the ones who have built a new conservatory or have filthy windows etc. 90% of people already have a windie around here I'm finding and as I'm not going to start undercutting them (nor could I if I wanted to at my minimums haha) and custies are loyal, I'm stuck between a di vessel and a water tank :bangheadwall:

So a tenner seems to be the natural and average minimum. I haven't done any advertising in any semi or terraced areas yet though that may cover it. Just nice bungalows and 3/4 + bed detached houses. Would a tenner still cover these for you guys? Maybe my prices aren't too high for these types? Bungies 15, detached 20. Then +5 for a connie :thumbsup:

Yeah last few weeks I've seemingly picked up the dregs, messer, owed a bit too, already itching for a cull but I'd be culling to nought

Just keep at it bump, keep canvassing and keep going...

You may need to get someone in to help the website rank well..

I reckon the wealthier they come, the more miserly they get

£10 for an easy semi is fine to me, once it's under control its less than 30 mins even if you do extras like polishing the sills

My cheapest semi is £10 a month and the first clean took 30 mins

Back