Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many chances do i have to give my employee

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tell him you’ve had complaints and he’s going to have to sort it out and see how he gets on over the next week. I’ve a worker and he can be a bit thick and leave a bit squeegeing etc. But we never get complaints and off course I rectify his wrong and put him right. The worst is when he’s standing over rinsing to the max . Nothing pisses me off more than that 

Apparently young folk don't work as hard as we used too. They seem to be on their phones all the time. Different work culture now, they don't believe in hard work. Aye, how things have changed when I was a lad. 
My son who is 17, and my worker jake who is 18 both are grafters with me and they know not to be using their phones.

Not all youngsters are the same 

Chance after chance after chance.....  

Sounds harsh but you're a mug and I guarantee he knows it and when you finally fire him the only surprise in him will be what took you so long. 

Get him dumped and start interviewing right away. 

Tell him no player is bigger than the club!(Or no window cleaner is bigger than the round!)

Ferguson got rid of Roy Keane after he blew it, at the time many doubted the decision. Turned out to be a excellent decision with 3 very successful years afterwards. He didn’t look back once. 

Don't understand why you still employ him after 6-7 months. You can get rid in first three months no agro. I would give two three weeks max. Speed comes with time but if they walking away from dirty frames or windows after the first week, they would get one warning an off they go. 

He had enough warnings. Will you employ again or downsize? I also once employed and went through the same situation so I sold some work off, had a good holiday and went back to be a sole trader.The relief was palpable.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire
I will employ again .. I've put too much hard work in too downsize ... you go forward not backwards

As all good football managers n players say.... we go again

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Got nearly 50k worth of business on my books right now not bad for less than 2 years in business

Get him on here! Feed him to the lions! [emoji881] 
Hahaha not worth it

Losing his job will bring him down to earth

60 pound a month mobile bill will need to be paid for.

I kept telling him he didn't know how easy he had it as I did all the ladder work he cleaned ground level

18 year old on 260 a week for 30 to 35 hours a week work and that includes traveling

No tax just a bit of ni

He blew it big time... had so many chances

Me and my employee parted ways earlier this week. Mutual agreement.

I'm away on holiday at the moment. Not sure whether to try again or go back to one man.

I'll decide when I get back to work and get stuck in. See how I feel.

I have 20 houses a day to get thru on my own right now
emoji16.png

Yeh I have something like that, not going to worry about it, I might be 5 weekly rather than 4 for a bit. Not sure whether to just Do a load of price increases, dump some off, sub it out or employee again. 

I'll see how I feel when I'm struggling to keep up ?

Yeh I have something like that, not going to worry about it, I might be 5 weekly rather than 4 for a bit. Not sure whether to just Do a load of price increases, dump some off, sub it out or employee again. 

I'll see how I feel when I'm struggling to keep up ?
Employ, but have him/her working with you. 

I’m  on 6-7 weekly 

Back